standard counterweight vs drop counterweight

What's the advantage of a drop counterweight over a standard counterweight.
128x128toddwj
I tried one of these on a Rega Planar 25. Wow, more detail, more quiet, just plain better. It's not subtle either, it's very noticable. For the money, it's a good upgrade. Less that $80 I think I paid.
I also had a WOW! experience after putting a Gregory Kerry F-2 Titanium Heavyweight Counterweight onto my Rega RB-300 tonearm. Although it is a little more expensive, at $129, the improvement is so great that it easily competes for the best value analog tweak award.
To me it was a no Brainer, even though I have heard a good set up(Nottingham Horizon, Shure V, Rb250) without the endstub upgrade. Between the two mentioned above I would have to go with the F-2, from Kerry Audio.
OK, you have heard the benefits, here is the reason. First and most important the counterweight hard mounts to the Rega stub. Normally a tension fit the hardmounting cuts back on resonances. Second the low center of gravity provides for better tracking (less teetering).
Actually, hardmounting does just the opposite- it restricts the reactive energies of playback a means of termination and are thus stored and re-released, feeding back down the arm to the pick up where it's often perceived as an increase in dynamics and detail.