CD Player w Volume control-Suggestions?

I am looking to run direct to my amp as the majority of my listening is digital. I am looking for a player which is upgradable, and has an excellent volume control. Unfortunately, I don't get the opportunity to audiotion alot of peices, and therefore have to "dwindle" down the choices and go from there. My budget is about $3000US (I'm from Canada.......so that's about $4500CDN). Any suggestions? This is my system I'd be connecting it to: HT TruthLink 2m XLR Plinius SA-100 MkII Transparent Ultras (single) Castle Winchester speakers with mods. Thanks alot folks and happy listenin'!!
rcoppens
carl: who do you think really gives a damn about your *positive* feedback? i suspect you faked it, anyway. we don't need your stinkin' feedback. we can see you for what you are every night. live. disgusting. dishonest. cowardly. congatulations on screwing up yet another thread.
Rosecud: Coming from an anonymous poser, I'd say it is you who is all the things you claim, and you are probably incarcirated with net priviledges, besides...see, I can tear you down like you enjoy tearing others down, rosey bud...You don't know what you're talking about, YOU AREN'T TALKING ABOUT THE THREAD TOPIC, WHERAS WE WERE......and I suggest you now assume room temperature...you pansy poser puke! Oh yeah, I left out one word which you used..."damn"...well, how's this? "damn you"...
Sedond, it's simple: you just saying that you're honest is no way of verifying ANYTHING!!!! I say I am honset too, and others stand with me on that, and it IS verifyable. And if you have nothing to prove to me, then why do you keep responding to me?