Goldmund Studio-still one of the best?

I can buy one Goldmund Studio in Germany for 3500 euros, the shop claim that Studio is realy (and still)one of the best of all times.Now, i have Wilson Benesch The Circle with Rega RB300(1500 euros new) ,and renewed Benz Micro MC2.
Is Goldmund so much better like price shows, any other sugestions- better and cheeper than old Studio?
ziva
Dollars and Euros are roughly comparable....I paid US$2,000 for a Studio Mk IV new in the box about 15 years ago. The arm, the T3F is a stinker so don't consider it....The T3B sounded a bunch better than the T3F, but both were problematic.....I wouldn't at the pricing offered as they are way too proud of the table/arm combo....Keep what you have.......
Can you tell the physical dimensions (width & Depth )of the Goldmund Studio?? I'm about to inherit one soon and am trying to prepare its new location
Rcrump, I have problems with an SL5 linear arm, which was also sired by Pierre Lurne. Would the T3s be based on the same arm, as far as you know? The SL5 jumps up too frequently, and it seems rather fussy, did you encounter the same kind of problems with the T3s?
Had three friends with T3Bs or T3Fs and they would sometimes misbehave......I used a Shreve Rabco on the Goldmund Studio before I bought the Rockport table over a decade ago........I would be sure that there are parts and service available for the T3B and would not consider the T3F as it paled in comparison to the T3B arms....Had a friend that had his T3B updated to the T3F ad it came back sucking big time so he figured it was the rebuild so he bought a new T3F and it wasn't any better than the rebuild......He also now has a Rockport as he traded off the Goldmund Reference/T3F for the Sirius......Been a lot of years ago......Unless you have support for the parts and service I wouldn't buy the Goldmund arm.........You can likely do better with an ET arm for less money and not have the headaches as one of the Houston group did years ago
Hello fellow audio enthusiasts. The GOLDMUND Studio and T3b, what do you say about a combo that polarises opinion so much, much the same as did the Linn Sondek in its day. If fitting a pivoted arm to the Goldmund Studio you must ensure you deploy the correct spring combo  to balance the suspension, dependant on mass of tonearm; you may need to  add some small pieces of lead to the underside of the top plate to facilitate this. My very good friend Nick has recently fitted a Origin Live Conqueror to one Studio( JVCmotor) with truly excellent results. His other Studio(  papst motor) has the Excellent Goldmund T3b. The T3b is a difficult arm to set up to be sure and requires great care in set up to elicit maximum performance and to realize its full potential. The Studio plinth must be levelled; then the suspension must be levelled using precision levels( low mass). The crucial part of set up is then to set up the precise horizontality of the rail beds so that all bearing wheels are in contact with the rail tracks over the full length( shining a bright torch from above onto the rails will aid in checking this out) Points to consider:- the belt tension between the pulleys is critical; not to little and not to much; this could trigger premature lifting of the arm; the motor pulley groove needs to be kept clean to ensure stable groove/belt contact to ensure smooth operation of the mechanism and avoid premature lifting. Yes, I own a Goldmund Studio/ GoldmundT3b, since 1986; fitted with a KOETSU Urushi black cartridge, recently rebuilt by Koetsu Japan. I do believe that most enthusiasts are better served with one of the many high quality turntables and tonearms that are available today in abundance. All turntable/arm/cartridge combos need exacting setup; it's just the GOLDMUND COMBO needs a lot more care in set up if you are to truly realise its superb potential.