Who will survive? One last table til I die.

I want to buy a final turntable (call it 25 years worth of use until I can't hear or don't care). I want to be able to get parts and have it repaired for the next quarter century. I would also like the sound quality to be near the top or upgradable to near the top for that time period. I don't necessarily require that the manufacturer be solvent that long (the preferable situation), but otherwise the parts would have to be readily available and the design such that competent independent repair shops be able to fix it. I won't spend more than $10,000 and prefer (but don't require) an easy set up that doesn't need constant tweaking. I'm willing to pay for the proper stand and isolation needed over and above the initial cost.

I've got 9,000 LPs, and it doesn't make sense to start over replacing them with CD/SACDs (although I have decent digital equipment) even if I could find and afford replacements. Presently I have a CAT SL-1 III preamp and JL-2 amp, Wilson speakers, Sota Cosmos table, SME IV arm, and Koetsu/Lyra Clavis/AQ7000nsx cartridges.

Thanks in advance for your input. Steve
suttlaw
The laser table COMPLETELY DEFEATS the purpose of why we enjoy vinyl as an analog source in the first place. This is just another A/D/A converting unit. And for $20,000 the choices for a complete top notch analog setup are great. Contact between a properly aligned and maintained stylus and vinyl surface does not cause appreciable wear. I have records from the late 60's when I was a kid played on real funky equipment that, once cleaned and played on a moderately nice system, sound excellent still.

My choices for purposes of longevity and sonics
VPI
Linn
SME
Stevecham,

You're the first person I've seen claiming that the ELP laser TT does an A/D/A conversion. Their own website very clearly states that it doesn't. What makes you think so?

BTW, if you'd said it looks uglier than a cheap CDP I'd agree of course. But that's another topic. ;-)
I sat hear last night reading all the posts and I know you are interested in the Teres but I just wandered what happened to the Simon Yorke idea. I know if I ever upgrade that would be the direction I would go. I am a current owner of a VPI product TNT JR not to say VPI is not a fine company that I know will be around a long time,though I did read through the post thinking one last referance TT. Simon Yorke was the first to come to mind not all people drop around 10K on a TT for that kind of dough you SHOULD get one of the best. Just wandering David
Dougdeacon: This quote from their website on "features"...

"Built-in Analog Noise Blanker
These circuits help reduce pops and clicks in real time, as you listen. This feature may be easily turned off with the front panel buttons by users that are restoring old recordings. Pops and clicks are then removed with editing software after the transfer to digital"

Digital ain't analog last time I checked.
Stevecham,
Please re-read the paragraph you just posted. It is clearly addressed to someone who is playing a record on the ELP and THEN transferring it to digital.

The ELP itself does not perform any A/D conversion. It does not have the capability because it contains no DAC's. They say so in their FAQ's and nothing about the passage you quoted contradicts that.

And I quite agree, digital ain't analog.