Would you sleep better at night if.....

I'm not a big "cable guy" (yet) but if YOU had the oppty to switch from 50 (15 meters) foot runs of Transparent Ultra RCA's to Balanced Transparent Ultra XLR's of the same length for an additional $2500, would you do it? (Or devote these funds to another upgrade?

Most likely, since the runs are through walls, I will have to split some sheetrock and have them terminated on-site by the dealer.

I have very little noise now, but it may help me sleep better at night (or worse, depending on one's perspective :)

I'm also very curious as to how much the overall sound quality would improve in a room that seems to me to be bass-shy. (I thought 750 watts into the Salons would rattle the windows, but not yet).

My system consists of a Classe CP-60 preamp, Classe CAM-350 monoblocks, Rega Planet CD player and Revel Salon speakers.

Thanks in advance for your comments, Gentlemen and Ladies.
128x128gerryn
gerryn: you need to get an interior decorator to design some really good-looking "socks" or multi-hued prophylactics to cover your ic's, so you can pull 'em outta' the walls. by doing so, you'd probably save at least 5 meters of required length. if you can't or are unwilling to leave your ic's visible to the world, i'd not bother with xlr's. -cfb
RCPrince: Thanks for your insights...

Albertporter: Your response has really triggered more questions. Time to call Classe'. Very interesting. Thanks...

Cornfed: I know exactly what you're saying....It's not the "look" of the cables I have a problem with. It's the fact that they have to intersect walk areas from my rack and go over the fireplace mantle as my Salons are on each side of the fireplace.

I do like the multi-colored "sock" idea :) but that would only draw attention to them and any "baby doll" I have over to the house probably wouldn't like them. Appreciate your comments
I cannot even begin to answer your question, but you should call Karen Sumner at Transparent. She is great to deal with and extremely knowledgeable of equipmnet. She started out in the industry as the US importer for Electrocompaniet and the went to Roland and MIT. Good luck.
Cellorover: Thanks for your suggestion. I have spoken to Transparent a number of times. They are great people and very helpful...but they do want to sell cabling. They tell me its the thing to do to lower the noise floor and improve the overall sonics. However, they don't claim that it will make a DRAMATIC difference either so this is why I asked. I'm sure Karen is great, just like Jim Shannon and Doug Blackwell have been. Probably the best customer service organization in cabling I've experienced to-date.
$2500 is a lot of money. I can't imagine that you would be better off spending that on some other component than cables. You could buy a decent analog rig and a bunch of albums for that kind of money.

Don't get hung up on equipment, buy some music.