Any advice on CD player upgrade?

I am looking to upgrade my CD player. My system is as follows: Bryston 3b-St Power Amp, Bryston BP20 Preamp, B&W Nautilus 805 Speakers, Arcam Alpha 7 CD Player. Cables are Kimber KCAG Balaned Interconnect (preamp-poweramp), Kimber PJB (CD to Pre), and Stealth PC Premier speaker cables. I think the CD Player is clearly the weak component, but would also consider getting a second 3b-st for bi-amping. I'm looking at the following contenders (used if I can :-)): Linn Ikemi, BAT, Sonic Frontiers SFCD, Meridian 508-24, Naim CDX, Wadia 830 or 850. Let me know if any of you have recommendations here. Thanks!! John.
128x128outlier
Have you considered upgrading your player to an Arcam 9? It includes the Ring DAC, and is regarded to be stellar. As the cost to you would be only the difference between the two players, cost would be MUCH less than anything else you would consider. I have heard an Arcam 9, and thought it to be very good.
something must have drawn you to the Arcam 7 in the first place??? Another 2 choices might be the Arcam Alpha 9 or upgrade yours to the 9 or for around $500 more than a new 9 you could look at the FMJ-23 which has been getting good reviews.
I have the a Classe CDP.5 that is really nice with my Bryston 3B ST's. I have bridged two of the 3B's and wow what a huge improvement in soundstage width, depth and you name it. The performance has never been reviewed that I can find but I was VERY impressed and made the purchase. I found the Kimber cable to be too forward and bright however and fell in love with the way MIT cables sounded. I have a CJ preamp and Proac speakers and after two years, still get chill bumps on a regular basis . . .especially when my loving wife is participating. Nuff said.
I realize this was not in your list of choices, but you might want to look at the Rega Planet. I borrowed one once (one of the old ones, mind you), and now I must have it. If you've already ruled this out for other reasons, I apologize...
Sell the pre amp. Buy a Resolution Audio CD 55 and run it direct into the power amp. You will experience a new level. Check out the reviews and the other threads on Audiogon concerning Resolution Audio. $3k retail less the preamp for a digital front end that is better than the Accuphase DP 75 or the Wadia 860. You owe it to your self to check em out