Berkeley vs. Simaudio

Anyone ever compare a Berkeley DAC to a Simaudio DAC? If so, how did they comare sonically? Do they have each have a different sound?

I guess the Simaudio 380, 650D or 750D would be the most comparable DACs to the Bekeley Alpha DAC 2.
camb
Haven't heard the Simaudio, but the Berkeley Alpha DAC 2 is excellent sounding and great value for the money. I could easily live with the Alpha DAC 2.
The sound was effortless, smooth top to bottom and without the typical mechanical electronic haze some digital can have. All the designers are from Pacific Microsonics who developed HDCD and have done an excellent job with this product.
Did you try the Alpha Dac through both it's AES and S/PDIF inputs? Was the sound equally good?
No, only the S/PDIF. Very musical, natural sounding. I have heard the Reference is even better and hope to hear it someday. I worked a room at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest last year and this was the DAC we used with the Baetis Revolution II Music Server so had the opportunity to listen to virtually every genre of music over three days and it never ceased to amaze me.