Is vinyl dead ?

Has anyone else noticed the lack of vinyl gear and accessories in the latest Audio Advisor catalogue ? Have sales slipped so much that they no longer feel the need to include this category of products in their catalogues ? Makes you wonder what's going on ??? Sean
>
sean
Sean: If one is to judge by catalogs, take a look at the latest from Music Direct...Analog front, center, and out the yin-yang :-)
Psychicanimal, Yammie A1, that was a sweet piece in my mine. Sold it years ago. Tell me how it sounds today. tks
...I'll see your Yin and raise you 3 Yangs!

Yes, absolutely, it's dead!

Please send me all your dead LPs, I will respectfully put them to rest in my state-of-the-art mausoleum where they will be preserved for eternity in their own dust jackets.

Oh...I'll pay shipping.
I can get 8-tracks for you if you want, nothing is ever dead there is always someone who wants and therefore gets what they are looking for. Will vinyl ever be more than what it is today? No, the masses care about convenience not quality that is why mp3 etc.. take off, from the computer to the car to the portable to the home stereo to the home office......all one format easy to use, simple to set-up (for the moment free and mostly illegal) it's making a tape for your friend on a mass PUBLIC scale...wheres tapes where private, Vinyl sounds great...free and easy to use sounds better to most people.
I love my turntable, but in my location garage sales are about it for new ones....unless i drive a couple of hours. Most people don't spend more than and hour a day with loved ones, you expect them to work to buy music....bah...
Oh, well heres to vinyl...... :)