Personal analog evolution

Forgive me if this is repeating an old thread, but an archive search revealed nothing.

Having read a lot here recently about re-entries into analog, requests for comparisons of pretty expensive hardware, etc., I'm curious about the analog evolution many of you have taken over the years.

I have virtually none to speak of:

- my dad had a garrard changer,
- I purchased a BIC belt drive in junior high school,
- Bought a Technics SL20 / Shure M94 into Yamaha receiver when I first got married, and
- Recently moved up to VPI HW19 MKII / RB-600 / Dynavector 20XH into Plinius integrated.

I feel like I've been rescued from an deserted island, but am also sure there are many more improvements I can plan for over time. Curious to see how you all got to where you are now, where you see your system moving towards.

Tim
timwat
I started out by listening to my Dad's stuff, first a Garrard and then an Elac Miracord. My first TT was a BSR. The when I started earning money, I got a Dual 721 with various upgrades via the Shure V15 line of cartridges. Then I started getting into "hi-end" gear and bought an LP-12/Akito/K5. This got upgraded with a K9 then a K18, then the Cirkus upgrade, then a Goldring Eroica and finally a Dyna 17D II. I don't think I will ever trade my LP-12. It just matches my musical tastes too well. It is the only piece of equipment that I have ever bought that *always* pleased me.

Mike
I listened to some pretty dismal TT growing up. First was my parents TT with speakers. My first stereo was from Readers Digest on monthly payments. I kept it for a long time. I think almost ten years.
After I was married I bought several Dual TT the best being a CS 505. When I started getting more serious I bought a used Oracle Alexandria. Next the husband of a lady who worked for me was getting out of HiFi and sold me his Sota Sapphire and VPI 16 record cleaner. After a few years with that I sent it in to Sota for possible upgrades and ended up getting a Sota Star Sapphire instead.
It's been quite a trip from that first TT but what I have now sounds so much better. I have a $3500 CDP but would still rather listen to my Sota/Rega/Benz!!!
started with JH t/t( Australian company)with sansui arm and shure m55 ed cart. Then an EEI(Australian) 700 parabolic - better treble than the shure
Then got a Thorens TD150 with a Shure/SME arm - extremely lifeless sound replaced the arm with a JH audiophile series arm - very good. Used a goldring uml? series cart. -quite good. Then got a Thorens TD160 also with Jh arm - not as good as the 150!!!
Now i've got an Oak turntable with a moth (rega rb350) arm
and an amber(grado) cart. - very nice not as HI-FI as most of the other stuff listed here but I enjoy it and would recomend this set up to anyone on a budget.