Synergistic Research HFT + FEQ

I heard this tweak at RMAF and brought it home on a 30-day free trial. Unfortunately it turned out to be a real system killer. I had 20 of the HFTs and tried them with and without the FEQ, using a ladder to put them up and take them down repeatedly. I couldn't believe how awful it was. Made it hard to enjoy my otherwise excellent ~$45k system.

I had a similar experience with their Quantum fuse. Never did trust anything with "Quantum" in the title. HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses, on the other hand, made my amps sound significantly better.
128x128augwest
I just received 15 of the Audio Magic "Bells".
Compared to the Synergistic Research HFT's these are much better. Better with deeper, wider soundstage. And the bass seems to be clearer and stronger.
So, with the 15 Synergistic Research HFT's I have I am using them as placement Four & Five and a few other places.

Oh yeah and the Bells are much less expensive than the HFT's.
I just made some home made HFT/Bells. These costs a couple of bucks and they sound better than the SR version.

If you look at my system picture you can see my copper version. The SR is in the center of the picture and it is slightly larger.
Ozzy, I'm impressed with the DIY HFT's! They look cooler IMO. I don't see any bells on Audio Magic's website. Are these prototypes? I had great luck with the AM PEA's and appreciate your observations last time. Works well with the ZX Pulse Gen (have this on an Oyaide 079 plugged into the ar2p-to). I actually found the Akiko Tuning stick worked on my system (I cut the AC plug off and placed it on one of my amps negative terminals). I came across your findings recently on the WA Quantum fuse chips and now I'm waiting on those to come in for the SR20's I have. Too bad that power chip didn't work on the audience! I tried an Acoustic Revive qr-8 on the top of it with a friend. Insane soundstage effect and precise imaging, but sadly the highs overtook the other frequencies and introduced harshness. On his system damping the top of the P10 has a nice all around effect (Entreq Vibb). Not sure if HRS plates will do the same (the thicker DPX model is awesome on my source). Next up, SR RED fuses!