Synergistic Research HFT + FEQ

I heard this tweak at RMAF and brought it home on a 30-day free trial. Unfortunately it turned out to be a real system killer. I had 20 of the HFTs and tried them with and without the FEQ, using a ladder to put them up and take them down repeatedly. I couldn't believe how awful it was. Made it hard to enjoy my otherwise excellent ~$45k system.

I had a similar experience with their Quantum fuse. Never did trust anything with "Quantum" in the title. HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses, on the other hand, made my amps sound significantly better.
128x128augwest
I am always open minded about tweaks but also like to understand the science behind them. After reading the explanation on the SR site I must admit I am still at a lost to understand what the HFT does and how it does it. Can someone please try to explain the technology to me? In the meantime I am going to try the free trial program offered by The Cable Co.
I offer the following, after my first few months with an FEQ:

I would experiment with other isolation devices in addition to
MIGS, to get the most from the FEQ. This makes a huge difference, as does the underlying support material (shelf or stand) you are using. Symposium Rollerblocks work very well for me, on a granite slab.

It is normal for the transformer to feel warm to the touch.
It is best not to enclose it or restrict air circulation.

I like lifting the wires off the floor, and am supporting them on
egg crates. I also clean both ends of both connectors, periodically.

I also have a Schumann Resonator at the other end of the room,
and feel it works very well with the FEQ.

Be careful not to treat the FEQ with any demagnetizing device.
It will take days for it to "settle down" and perform well again!
Hi David,

How do the FEQs compare to the IPC units.i.e dufferences an improvement.

I found that the IPC units made a nice improvement only when i installed the HFTs and when the IPC units used alone tightened but lightened the bass, that was before the 3 sets of HFTs.

I was just wondering what is the incremental improvements with the FEQ in the system.

I too use the QOL and also rr777 and IPCs so addung another device seems rather over the top for me at the moment.

cheers
The wonderfull fact about the HFT - FEQ units is they are complimentary and yet have nice effects on their own.
The FEQ Unit works on lower frequencies than the HFT's. The music becomes more full and balanced. Also and quite important is the it's effect of lowering the floor noise. Less congestion when multiple instruments are playing.

Adding the IPC units "moves" the music more into the room. I am over the top happy with the interaction of the HFT + FEQ units and the IPC Acoustic Energizers

The QOL unit adds musical information to the speakers.

The Acoustic Revive77 (Schuman Resonator) works well and there is a sense of "loss" when I turn it off.

So in my system I am not hearing an over processed sound. Instead I am hearing full glorious music.