SACD players. Owner progress report

I have had my SCD-777ES one week now and am playing it ,non stop. As posted elsewhere both cd and sacd modes need individual burn in time.A maximum of up to 400 hours has been posted as required time for optimum sound improvement. At 55#,this is one serious component, and the SCD-1 weighs in at 58#.The biggest differences between the two are, that the SCD-1 also has balanced outputs,and a 5th support at the base of unit.There is a couple of other minor differences but the internal components appear to be all the same and all specs are identical,as well as the sacd playback sound.All things being equal,the cd playback should be basically the same.At this early stage,the cd playback has an edge of smoothness and detail over my Cal Alpha/Delta combo.The sound of sacd at this early stage is incredible and finally the digital format is dead on ,less all of its short comings.This has one serious newly innovative transport, and with the digital output for cd this could allow for great flexibility,teamed up with better, great bang for the bucks upsampling dac.The best of both worlds.While no specific dealers have been mentioned,the SCD-1 has been bought for $3800.(list$5000.) and the SCD-777ES for $2500.(list$3500.)There are at least 46 SACDs available and at least 3 discs will be released each month. Any other owner feedback is greatly welcomed.
lihifiguy
Hi Mike, Congratulation on your purchase.Some sources for SACD purchases are Acoutic Sound,Music Direct,Tower Records,and CD Now.You are better off requesting stock discs only,as there is a long wait for non stock and new releases.I am sure that this problem will clear up in due time.
Lihifiguy, thanks for the info. What are the "minor differences" between the SCD-1 and SCD-777ES? All things being equal (RCA output used, breakin), how do the two units differ in sound? I have heard the SCD-777ES is dark sounding as compared to the SCD-1, more forgiving, clearly not as good, and not worth the cost savings. My thought was to use the $1100 cost savings to feed the SCD-777ES with pure AC from the PSAudio P300. Any input from someone who has AB the two units please suubmit a follow-up. I am planning on going direclty into a McCormack DNA2 using EVS nude attenuators, Harmonic Tech cables, Thiel CS2.3 spk.
There was a post about the 777 being a little darker sounding.Only 1 post and what was the equiptment and listening enviorment,and if it was compared to a SCD-1 was all conditions identical?I seriously doubt it.There would have to be identical equipment power cords and break in time and possibly even a double blind test .I Automatically bought into this post when using the stock cord on my 777 and with a switch to a modest audioquest power cord the sound had an immeadiate improvement.In case that you haven't yet,Check the owner comments at audio review.Check my posts at www.audioasylum.com on this format.happy listening.