Upgrading power cord.. proven upgrade? or crap?

The thing i cannot understand is how a new high quality cable will enhance the quality of the flow of electricity that previously went into cheap house electrical wires ?

it's like saying that with good equipment u'll get a higher than CD sound from a FM stereo source or a cheap Mp3 ..

please help me understand .. :)
jinmtvt
Get an Assylum cord.Its great.
I wanted to put one on my cd player but could not because of the way it is lined up in the unit.
I cut the cheap plug off it and put on the Plug I use to build the assylum cord.
When I came home latter my wife was in the sound room jaw wide open asking how much money I had spent.She said it sounded great.10.00+ dollar plug.
Better contact and less resistance.makes a hige difference.
The drain wire left off at the IEc.These things help clean up whats cooming in.
The best way to put it is the last 4 feet act's like a good filter.
I agree with mostly all,but one thing for sure. If you plan to take a shot in the dark,be prepared to be dissapointed.All upgrade cords will do a great job,if you pick the proper cord for your application.Thats the hole trick. Do your home work.Do home "demos" if you possibly can.Don't go by price alone! good luck
I made four of the DIY power cords using Belden wire and
Jon Risch's instructions, and they sound great! My total
investment was around $100 for all four!
Its all CRAP. Sound.au.com has some facts on the situation if your interested in those (under the articles section) Read it for yourself, its your money. The only thing is is that there are people who will lie to you to take your money (and have little sheep following them). Be wary of analogies, scientific anecdotes, and then flat out lies. Analogies can be useful in illustrating a point, but please bear in mind they are not the same thing; however, in audio people like to use them to decieve. For example electrons and water both flow in what we call current, but when it comes to what they flow through they behave differently. Water running through a sewer that then tapers down to a 1/2" pipe will never really flow much beyond what the 1/2" pipe will allow (You know this intuitively; pressure can change things some though). However, 10' of 10g wire that tapers to a 2" long 18g section will not suffer the same effects--its the total resistance of the wire that counts. So the 18g section will impede the flow of electrons somewhat, but not in the same manner that the water through a smaller pipe will. Just trying to give you some sort of an example of the crap you'll get. Scientific anecdotes are just a sprinkle of this and that without a consistent organized arguement/explanation. And lastly some will lie. Some will even admit that the operation behind there product is a hypothesis--i.e. it never even entered the testing phase to determine its validity or existence (because they can't). The microdiodes theory caused by oxidation on the surface of the individual strands of wire within a cable is just one such example (no one has measured its effects; after 20 years!). And microphony, induced by vibrations causing the individual strands of wire in a cable to "move along" one another, is real, but its so far below the noise floor of even the best amps you'll never hear it. All in all, you can get better gains with your money elsewhere.
I have a Synergistic Research Master AC Coupler that I picked up used for the commonly available price of $150. On my tuner and my DAC it has only made slight differences, probably not worth the bother. On my previous SS amp, however, it greatly improved the smoothness, tonality, and dimensionality, to the point that I couldn't return to the stock cord (my current tube amp has a fixed cord). Why? I don't know (I can't say I don't care, it is an interesting question), but the above post only succeeds in proving that those who don't listen can't explain these things any better than gulible audiophiles or fast-talking salespeople.