Have anyone pics and tech-data for a SU-1 step-up?

Hi !
I look at the web and can`t find pics and tech-data for a Expressive Technologies SU-1 step-up ! Google can`t help me ! Please help a guy from germany !!! I`m very intresting at this step-up ! Is it The Best ? My Analogsystem :
Player : H+P Ulysses
4tonearms : Ortofon RMA309,SME3012MK1,FR66s,Ikeda IT407
5cart: Ortofon SPU Royal GM , A/E , Gold GM , DL 103 ,
ZYX R 100 Fuji
Pre-pre: Ortofon T-100 , Denon AU-1000 , Denon AU-340 ,
Cotter MK II , Gryphon Head-amp
Pre-amp: Jadis JP 80
Thanks and PEACE FOR THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frank
frankfromgermany
Frank,

There is one ET SU-1 somewhere within this site for sale. Although the seller asks close to 150% of the original price but if you are serious about analog then SU-1 is unavoidable item. There is nothing remotely close.

Good luck,
Romy the Cat
I have to be the dissenter here. I had one of the Expressive Technologies in my system for about a month, auditioning it against two high end (traditional) phono stages. I was using two turntables, a Versa Dynamics and a Basis Mk4 with Graham arm. The cartridges were the Benz Ruby 2 and the Koetsu Rosewood Platinum Signature.

The first of the two traditional phono stages was the EASE Magnum Phono which was the final version of the Counterpoint 9 by Michael Elliott, before the demise of Counterpoint and the birth of Aria Audio.

The other phono stage was the Aesthetix Io in it's stock original form with non Signature electronics, caps and wire, and with a single power supply. This was before experimenting with NOS tubes. (This was the dead stock original version).

The EASE Magnum was clearly preferred by everyone who auditioned my system, including myself. The EASE used a FET in the first stage which should have helped tip the scale in favor of the Expressive, but the EASE scored lower distortion and more importantly, much less "tizzy" tonal balance and perhaps slightly less dynamics.

The Aesthetix Io beat both of these producing the most detail, the largest and deepest soundstage and with a sense of ease and liquidity while (slightly) exceeding the dynamics of the Expressive. Dynamics and gain are by far the strongest suit of the Expressive, at the expense of natural tonal balance and color.

I would describe the Expressive as sounding "audiophile" and contrasty, but in a nasty way. The transformer could be effected greatly by it's proximity to other electronics, including all motors.

Even in the most ideal position, it got beat up badly by the Io. That's why I returned the Expressive and bought my first Io.

The Io was later upgraded to dual supplies and NOS tubes and I though it not possible to be any better. That is, until the Io Signature version was released. This ultimate version with premium parts, dual supplies and NOS tubes is clearly in a class all it's own.

Aesthetix is available in 240 Volt, making it a practical choice for Germany. I believe Musical Surroundings is working on setting up a distributor and warranty station in Germany, perhaps through Clear Audio.

Good luck in your quest for excellence.
Albert, would you please remind me what do you mean when you're taking about the Aesthetix. Do you mean a phonostage with 454 tubes 43 gain stages, a shit loaded of the so-call "audiophile parts" and sounding windy like a seashell form the Florida beach? I can give you a long list of the phonostages that must not be used with neither SU-1 not SU-2. Your experience with SU-1 was quite predictable.

Good luck in your pontification for AA’s excellence...

Rgs,
Romy the Cat
The person who promised to bring the Aesthetix back into my home only under a general anesthesia.
Romy, I will not waste my time answering a question that you already have enough attitude and opinion of to serve everyone at Audiogon.

I doubt you have done the audition I described, much less taken the time to evaluate on a high end analog system.
*** Romy, I will not waste my time answering a question

It was not the question that would require your reply.

*** that you already have enough attitude and opinion of to serve everyone at Audiogon.

Not quite correct. You serve them. I just point out the level of the “servants”.

*** I doubt you have done the audition I described, much less taken the time to evaluate on a high end analog system.

Comforting thought, isn’t it? Although, you are very correct: I DO NOT participate in the “auditions AS YOU DESCRIBED” because I find that your evaluation methods methodologically are bogus and produce totally abstract and not-conclusive result.

Have a good day.
Romy the Cat