Spades or bananas

Given the choice, is there a performance advantage with one over the other?
brianmgrarcom
Can anyone really hear the difference? How many people have identical types of speaker cables laying around with different connections on them and are able to do A/B comparisons?

Bare wire (which should have tinned ends as in AudioNote Kondo applications) sounds like the best solution but.. should it be wraped around the binding post or inserted through the hole?

As far as I am concerned as long as the wire makes a good contact - doesn't come off - I'm happy.

There are far too many other things to worry about in this hobby.
Frank is dead right! ( to these here pair of ears )
bare wire or Edson Price, just as Auntie Enid used to say.
And the difference is there to be heard....just another 2 cents...
Funny thing, Detlof. Alot of what Enid stated back when she was writing, holds absolutely true today. What incredible resolving power her ears had. All this when the entire field considered her lunatic. She is responsible for things like component/wire "break-in" relevance, metals/plating, electric and so many other things commonplace in today's high end circles. What were her rewards for all of these proclamations and discoverys? Ridicule and critcism by people who just either could'nt hear or refused to believe due to a closed mind.
Just what are people doing being involved in ultra high-end, if not to keep the pusuit of the "absolute sound"..........Frank
Right Frank, I suppose that was also the reason that Enid Lumley finally gave up and dissapeared from the high end. She did such a perfect dissapearing act, that nobody seems to know about here whereabouts and what she is up to. As you say, her hearing must have been incredible. Not only could she hear differences in sound with different VTAs measured almost in my, she also maintained ( rightly probably to HER ears ) that you would have to find the right spot of an LP in placing it on the turntable and that every LP had a sweet spot within its 360 degrees, where you had to put your cartridge on to start playing it, for best sound.