How much fluid do you use

Two years ago after selling my 200 LPs (OUCH)I said to myself I would not get back into analog. Since then I have competly purchased a new system. Then I thought I should give it whirl again, purchased a p-25 at that point I realized anolog blows the other formats out of the water.
I made my comparision w/ my sony scd-1 sacd.Thats when the anolog bug hit purchased a TNT JR w/ SME 309 /benz glider(soon to be replaced by shelter 901) / Bat vkp-5.
Since then have been buying vinyl. Have now about 90 180gr (new) 80 used I purchased a VPI 16.5 resently and have been experimenting. It seems to me about 8 drops works well. I have been reading ALL the posts regaurding cleaning and nobody talks about how much they use. Any tips in this area is very heplful. (ps I know its a dumb question)
thanks David
cylinderking_1
I do two rinses of distilled water after the cleaning pass. I lay the liquid on, without gettting on the lable. get that crap suspended in the liquid. Use three different disc doctor felt brushes on the three passes. You want to get the cleaning fluid off of the record. It is time consuming, but one cleaning lasts a long, long time.
You should use enough fluid so the entire surface of the record is fully covered with a continuous thin film. If the fluid gets onto the label or starts dripping off the edge of the record you've used too much. Vinyl is great fun.
I agree with you on the vinyl, much better!. I too have a P25 and the VPI 16.5. I recently sold my nitty gritty and I can confirm you made the right decision on the VPI. I use enough fluid to cover about a 1 1/2 inch wide "puddle" from
edge of the record to the center then I let the brush work it in. And i let it actually "suds up" a little.
Good Listening
Now Lugnut, you are getting a bit out there, I am reminded of the Base Commander in the great Stanly Kubrick movie (Dr. Strangelove) that was fixated about not giving up his "precious bodily fluid".