EAR 834P vs. Audio Research PH-3

I am currently using a EAR 834P as my phono stage and have thought about trying the Audio Research PH3 but don't know whether it would be worth it. Any thoughts?

I would be running it with an AES AE-3 (or a Melos 110b if I can't sell it) and an AES SE 1 sig. using the 300B. Also, I am using a Benz Micro Glider HO on a VPI Jr. and the rewired Rega RB300 arm.

Thanks for all your help!
jeffrey
128x128pluto_4
sorry, you're right the input is MOSFET. whattadumbami, I messed up everything in my head... probably I did loading experiments too long time ago and forgot.

I don't know if it's possible to find PH3 for 1,5k brand new... I took mine from the original owner and the initial price was $1,889.
Marakanetz, not to worry! And all tube DOES NOT necessarily make the sound of an item better than hybrid or all transistor! Also, your price of $1889- used, was that for the PH3 or the PH3SE? I think that I got the new price of a PH3 at $1495- from the Audiogon Blueboook page.
I've got it used for $850 but the new price on the receipt was $1889 for the regular version.
Hey Guys....have you upgraded the tubes in your PH 3?? What and where did you get the tubes???
fatparrot:

On Nov. 5, you state that "the circuit board [of the EAR] is not supported properly. The front corners of the board are actually floating free."

I read somewhere that it is supposed to be this way in order to reduce vibration. It's an isolation thing.