Dirt on my stylus.....what to do?

I've noticed that I have some dirt and dust (and probably more junk that I can't see)on my stylus. I have tried my stylus brush with a bit of LAST STYLUS CLEANER on the brush (I've been told not to put LAST directly on my stylus) and the dust is still there.
What do you recommend???
rwd
I have been using last stylast cleaner for years. The cleaner is a different product that the last stylast preservative. the preservative is the stuff that has been said to not get any on the cantilever, it is said that it can gum up the suspention. The cleaner I have not heard this, and I actually clean the whole cantilever as far up as I can without damaging the coils or fragile parts with the brush, or soaking the suspention. I have never had any ill effects, and the occasional cleaning that much to reduce dust and goop that has accumulated on the exposed parts actually makes it sound better, I can attest.
The cleaner above sounds interesting. I would like to add in addition that the stylast cleaner (or others) dissolve the dirt and gunk, so you have to use enough and give it a chance to work. (that is why it is so important to use one that is safe and won't leave a residue).
Another tip- discwasher makes a stylas cleaner that comes with a really good brush, I don't know of a better one. There have been some threads here about what to use, but I am personnally not sure if anything would be better. But anyway, they are available and inexpensive.
Oh- another tip- I also use a dry brush, (a soft one, like what comes with a lot of cartridges) to dry the stylas when I clean just before playing a record. This helps to make sure that the stylas is not wet when it gets into the grooves, which results in not only records which stay cleaner, but the stylas stays cleaner as well.
Sure Albert..e-mail on the way.....But, has anybody used the item that Michael Fermer wrote about a few monts ago in Stereophile? It's a gummy solution and you gently put you stylus tip on this "ball" and off goes the gunk. Any comments?
Basement is right. Diskwasher is the best. I use the Stylast preservative and the Record Research, never had any problems with the liquid hurting the cartridge.
Albert is right on with the Record Research LP#9. I've been using it for ten years or more. One bottle will last most of a lifetime.
I'm using the item that MF described and it seems to work quite well. However, I have not tried the alternatives mentioned in this thread.

Someone in these parts said that silly putty will do what the Fremer device does for, obviously, a lot less money. Just gently drop the stylus into it and then lift it out. Voila.