New TT for around 2000--- need some advice

Hi all, I'm looking to spend about 2k on table and arm to upgrade from my Rega P25.
I was thinking gof a VPI Mk IV with a Rega arm but I really don't know what else is out there. I have a small room so vibrations are a concern for me and I thought a suspension tt would be the ticket. I have now heard good things about the Teres turntables but haven't investigated it too much....

I was looking for some advice on which tt would be a good option for me. Should I save for an Aries, stick with the mk IV or maybe the Teres or some other company I have yet to hear of. I am looking for an intimate sound with a controlled taut bass and a wide soundstage while retaining the timing thing I think the Rega has going for it. I like my P25 but want to know what the next level is like. Thanks in advance for ANY advice and happy listening!
-Vik
vikkysingh
Depending on the arm,the Eurolab distributed by Audio Advancements/Hart was given a Golden Ear Award in 2001 TAS.It was recommended to me by an audio dealer I previously worked for-no profit for him!Call Hart at 973-875-8705 and forget about PLCs and SDS.Both need recalibration after you shut them down-personal experience.Instead,try Walker Motor controller as an after market upgrade.Good luck! Tom
A Black cube with the upgraded power supply. Heard the Arieds the other dau and was amazed at the tonality of the table. However IO think it may have been a bit neutral for my tastes...I prefer a warmer richer sound and althouhg the Aries was never bright is was a little thin in some frequencies, for my tastes. This may have been because of the Glider 2 cart though. Just as a reference the demo was using the phono stage in a McIntosh integrated. Next on my list is the Spacedeck!

I am also thinking of upgrading my P25 as a an alternative to buuying a whole new table. After hearing the Aries I felt that it was certainly better than my table but I love the full dynamics of my Rega at whatever volume level my pre is at. For the money I KNOW I made the right choice, now diminsihing returns are definitely kicking in.
Happy listening!
-Vik