External Hard Drive Search Frustration. Help

Finally i am set up with a Mac Mini and am in the end days of a trial with Pure Music. I am really enjoying Pure Music and since realizing how much it brings sonically to the table i decided i better get an external hard drive and start burning discs so i can take advantage of this. Well my oh my, just when i think i have found a drive that it seems it may be suitable i end up finding reviews that keep me from pulling the trigger on it. Think i am going to pull what's left of my hair out as well.... ; O

I am looking for a 1TB drive that is Firewire 800 compatible. Also in searching through searches i had read that perhaps 5400 drives are quieter than 7200's? Also that it may not be necessary to have the higher speed of the 7200 drive's for audio, which is what i am primarily wanting this drive for. Want to pick up two drives and have the other for a back up.

Any suggestions and help are greatly appreciated!
seekburk
Just looked at this one below. I read that 5400 drives spin slower so produce less noise? Also this drive is "Raid" capable and since i have no prior knowledge of how to set a Raid system up should i be using the "mirror" setting for this drive? Thanks!

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/MEQMHS5S15TB/
I read that 5400 drives spin slower so produce less noise?
In general, yes, although I would expect that there will be exceptions. The design of the enclosure can also significantly affect noise levels. Hopefully one of the others who may be using an OWC enclosure similar to the one you are considering will comment further.
Also this drive is "Raid" capable and since i have no prior knowledge of how to set a Raid system up should i be using the "mirror" setting for this drive?
Yes, you would want to use the RAID 1 "mirror" configuration.

Keep in mind, though, that although a RAID mirror protects against the possibility of data loss due to drive failure, a small but non-zero chance remains that something can happen that would cause the data on both drives to be lost simultaneously. For example, the controller circuitry in the enclosure or the operating system in the Mac going berserk, undiscovered design anomalies in the controller circuitry or its programming, the power supply going into an overvoltage condition, electrical surges, virus infections, etc. For anything really important it is desirable to have a second backup, IMO, which can be updated whenever it is convenient to do so.

Regards,
-- Al
Thanks Al! Upon further reading about this, and what you have added here, i think i will be going with two separate drives. Appreciate your input and time to do so very much!
Cheers- Craig
Seekburk,
I am also using Mac Mini as music server with Amarra mini and Ayre QB9 Dac. Because of the need for decent looks/ergonomics I decided on 2 - 1TB Iomega Minimax external hard drives - connected using firewire 800 and daisy chained with Raid (mirror) set up. This provided one drive for playback and the 2nd for back up.The drives are extremely quiet, error free and look good stacked on top of the Mac mini. Cost at Apple Store was minimal compared to other options (NAS) which have been known to be problematic. You can check them out at the Apple Store online.
i'm using a 2tb Iomega Minimax as well. primarily for backing up the 2tb of on-board storage i stream with. have been using Iomega storage since they started making zip drives way back when....early 90's i think?. have never had a problem with their products.