Power cord? Why?

I see a lot of posts regarding power cords. I would like to know what sonic difference they actually make. Could anybody explain this in a simple way?

Thank you
cfmartind362
Timwat: You said it, it is about the music. The tech stuff gets a little dry. I will now head back to my sound room for my next concert.

Oh, I thought Corona was a city in SOCAL...
Eldartford: I hope you realize i was just joking. I'd have to hear and see the results of something like what Corona is talking about to even remotely think about spending that kind of money on "wire". Sean
>
Sonic_genius: I think we all fall victim at times to forgetting that it really is supposed to be about the music.

So many threads end up a religious argument about hardware...it reminds me of my days as a freshman in high school, when "I like prog rock and everything else sucks", was constantly at war with the guy carving "Framton rules (sic)" into the desk...who thought everything prog sucked along with the people who liked it.

I have to believe large doses of live music of widely varying genres can mitigate this tendency. But of course, I don't necessarily need to believe this religiously.
sean...the wire has been twisted...six strands of #12, solid core, thin teflon insulation, with heavy duty plug on the end. It may be a while until I get the test run. When it happens I will report results in a new post.
Eldartford: How are you going to configure this wire geometrically ? Are you including a ground in this buch of six or are you using 3 hots and 3 neutrals ? Sean
>