Power cord? Why?

I see a lot of posts regarding power cords. I would like to know what sonic difference they actually make. Could anybody explain this in a simple way?

Thank you
cfmartind362
Corona, I agree with you completely. My brother is a metallurgical engineer with 25 years experience. He has taught me a lot about this. This is why the wire needs to be fabricated properly and handled carefully in the assembly process. This is how my "Perfect Crystal" stays perfect.
S23Chang - the equivalent wire gauge is what is important, not the gauge of a single wire. Low inductance cords are always made using multiple wire to get that low inductance. Resistance is only one piece of the pie. Inductance must be low as well and larger gauge just does not get this for you.
Audioengr, tks for your reply. I'm using twisted pair of 12 total AWG wires. I was thinking about doubling that and get 9 gauge.
Audioengr: I was trying to work through a problem with someone that had Innersound speakers. During the height of their problems, they called up and spoke to Roger. In passing, they mentioned that they were using Goertz speaker cables. At this point, Roger just about came unglued and went on a rampage about high capacitance cables and stated that using such products would void the warranty on their power amps.

As one might realize, his amps are built by Coda for him. Some of the folks designing Coda gear also helped in the design of older Threshold products. Since Threshold products are sensitive to high capacitance cables, it would only make sense that the same designers might end up with similar results on the Coda product line.

Having said that, i've not had any problems running Goertz cables with ANY amp. This includes, but is not limited to, Threshold products. That is, so long as the proper precautions ( Zobel Network ) are taken. Those that disregard these speaker cables out of fear or ignorance are missing some very good yet "reasonably priced" cables in my opinion. That is, if one likes their system and recordings to sound like music rather than processed data.

As a side note, i just installed a set of Goertz MI-2 Veracity cables in my Father's system yesterday. These replaced some Audioquest's that i had previously brought over for him a while back. In his own words, "My system has NEVER sounded this good". I would have to agree. There is now a far more "liquid" and "natural" presentation to the sound that i haven't found with any other cable. Sean
>