Power cord? Why?

I see a lot of posts regarding power cords. I would like to know what sonic difference they actually make. Could anybody explain this in a simple way?

Thank you
cfmartind362
Audioengr...I will check out your source for large gage hookup wire, and will use it if possible.

On a slightly different matter...I have heard a million times about the wonderful effect of "oxygen-free copper", but I don't recall any explanation of why ordinary copper is a problem. Can you tell us?
I don't know anything about oxygen-free copper, but I can tell you I bought 4 pairs of oxygen-free copper interconnects, with gold plated rca's, from 1 to 4 meters yesterday. They ranged from $.75 to $3.00 on clearance at Walmart. They also had a decent gauge and nice cover. So I wouldn't think one should pay too much for the privilege of oxygen-free. In addition, some right to lifers might find it cruel to sufficate all those little copper strands.
Eldartford - 99% of modern copper wire is oxygen-free. It's mostly marketing bruhaa.. There are a few examples of poor wire, but if you use a reliable source like Belden, Alpha or Carol, it's all good stuff.

Now, if you want the best-sounding wire, you should try continuous-cast copper. This is good metallurgy. you can get this at vampirewire.com.
Iasi - I understand that Roger contracted Coda Technologies to design the Innersound amp for him. Same guy that designed the Coda and Continuum amps. I have heard from one of my dealers that Roger is not a cable believer, however he does spec a low-capacitance cable for his speakers.... It is hard enough to convince believers.......
Audioengr, i believe in speaker cables and in interconnects as i've herd differences between diff. cable manufacturers...and i believe in power cables for SOME applications, but not in all of them...happy listening!