VPI Flywheel with Aries Turntable - Help

I recently added the VPI flywheel to my Aries turntable setup (Aries w/ JMW-10, SDS, and Benz-Micro H2O). When using the flywheel, I notice a distinct increase in what sounds like record surface noise (ticks and pops). This occurs at regular intervals. I can only assume it is from the flywheel. I have tried all combinations of grounding the flywheel and tonearm to the AC outlet, my phono preamp grounding post, all to no avail. When I remove the flywheel from the system, things return to normal. Very Strange. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Ag insider logo xs@2xcjlundgren
I think it's time to call VPI. If you bought it from a dealer of from VPI directly, if they can't rectify the situation, they might take it back or allow an exchange/credit.
Maybe loan it to someone else & see if it works for them? Or last resort - just put it up for sale.
I have corresponded with VPI cutomer service. They have agreed to take the flywheel back (I will return it through my dealer). VPI customer service is GREAT. They take a real interest in their customers and their satisfaction with VPI products. After all this is said and done, I honestly feel that the Aries table sounds better without the flywheel installed.