Purist Audio, Elrod or Shunyata power cord?

Hi all,

Need some advice on the power cord for my amp.
I tried many other cables out there, and burned lots of cash still could not bring the desire performance.

I have tried many out... now am consider changing the power cord from the amp and the speaker cable.
I have Purist Audio, Elrod, and Shunyata on my list...
But envy you guys, I do not have a way to audition all of the cables from the list.
I also don't have the budget for a 3000+ cable, and will like to start work my way up to bring the desire performance.

My components are as follow:

Meridian G08 cd player
interconnect from cd to pre:Tara Lab The One+FGS interconnect.
power for cdp: MIT Oracle AC1

Edge Sign. One preamp.
interconnect from pre to power: MIT Oracle 350
power for pre amp: Hand made brand Shark silver.

Edge G8 amp.
power for amp: Liner Acustic OCC copper.

Speaker: Ascendo system E
Speaker Cable: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal.

What are your opinions if what I am trying to get out of is the vivid "body" that's got details, big sound stage, deep base but not too lean or warm at mid. to bring the as-real-as-live kind of sound?

any suggesstion is appreciated.

regards

mbadscl
128x128mbadscl
Thanks for your insights into the sonics of the Elrods and the Shunyatas. I have't heard the Elrods on MY equipment, so I can't really comment. I would need to hear them in my system first, and I think that should always be the case in anyone's system. Unless a component is completely neutral, it will shift the sonics in some way.
I hope this is all helpful to the original poster.

John:
I just re-read your statement:

"...For that matter, I felt that the Virtual Dynamics Nite and Shunyata Taipan power cords were more dynamic than the Shunyata's noise reduction cords. Shunyata even admits as much on their website. That is why they extended their pacesetter line...."
May I ask where you saw that on the website? I've looked, but haven't been able to see where they acknowledged the lack of dynamics or speed.
Maybe this will help.

Shunyata Power Systems Guide

To improve transient response, pace and dynamics -- substitute a Pacesetter cable for a Noise Reduction cable.

This is the first line in the final paragraph.

Cheers,
John
Thanks for all the responses guys!!
I went back and read each of your opinion 3 times!!
I think they are at very great value for me and help a starter like me a lot!!

Although there are difference in experience/opinion, I still take it as very valuable advice.

Thanks again guys!!~
And thanks for willing to let me borrow your cables Brian!!
I would LOVE to borrow them, but because I work oversea, and travel a lot... don't think you will like to do that??... :)
But thank you by heart dud!~