Tossing out a question about some 'tables...

Greetings all!

In my recently renewed quest to upgrade my source components, I have (re)started my turntable search. In this episode, our intrepid hunter is asking the collective their opinions about the following tables (assuming all are equipped with their std. tonearms and a cartridge TBD):

AR EB101
Thorens 318
Linn Axis

Said hunter knows there are other tables out there (and he isn't discounting them), the above models are currently available through various sources. So...fire away...

Thanks!

Greg
gregk27
from the models you're looking at - I would get an old DUAL and run it into the ground
I significantly prefer AR to DUAL, having both. Mine is 22 years old, with only a belt change. There is a recent thread here on vinylnirvana.com which is an AR-centric web site. He sells and services.
I bought new a Thorens TD 316 MK II, which is a 318 without automatic shut off, and a new Linn Basik which was made after the Axis had been discontinued. You could tell the Linn was better wearing a blindfold.
I would say a thing to be wary about with the models you listed is whether the motor bearing is in good shape, simply because they are old.
All of these turntables will get you a dance, and maybe a kiss, but the bad girls are outside smoking.
All of these turntables will get you a dance, and maybe a kiss, but the bad girls are outside smoking.

Breadman,
Back in the day, I was thrilled to get the dance...:)
Thanks for all the responses so far guys, I may still be able to squeak out a request for one of the "bad girls" (I married one of the 'dance and kiss' types)...
a TD318 if in good condition with a decent cartridge is a good turntable for 200 bux. More than that I'd be looking somewhere else like a used P2 or P3 Rega or Thorens TD160 Super.