money getting tight?

I've been trying to sell some gear for what I thought were "steal" prices, and I'm getting little interest. I have checked auctions recently and seen that low reserves aren't getting met. What's up? Is the economy bad or is my experience/observation unusual?
rbirke
There must be some money still out there.....look at the ridiculous prices being asked for tubes and lp's and cd's....virtually EVERY deal on this site for tubes, lp's and cd's can be beat on EBAY........anyway, don't feel too bad, I listed a pair of CAT Sequoia speakers which retail for $97,000 for $40,000 and never got one nibble....I didn't even get an offer. I offered them to a dealer in NYC for $20,000 cash and a pair of B&W 801 Anniversaries he has and he blew me off. Good luck!
If you lower your asking price enough, people will respond. It's simple law of economics.
Posting photographs of the gear and referencing reviews can help. Also agree with lower asking prices. Should be around 50% off for 8-9/10 gear.
Keep in mind that people who buy from speciality sites like this one are by and large a lot more knowledgable than folks who shop on eBay. I listed a pair of 9/10 Mahlers on another audio-only site at 50% of MSRP and got no serious offers. I listed them in the classified section of my local paper and sold them in 48 hours for 75% of MSRP. The buyer was tickled to get such a deal.

I love the 'gon but don't think of it and other speciality sites as the only venues for selling your gear.

will
don't limit yuourself to audiogon.
ebay is much better media but probably more expencive. it does make a sence though. above suggestions about a high quality pictures along with bold and galery preview features are very very helpful. i mostly sell cds on ebay but was never unsuccessfull selling different products including audio equipment.