Any good.... JPS

Looking for an opinion on the JPS Kaptovator as I am considered it for my power amp. What is the sonic signature like as compare with say the Fatboy or the King Cobra?
nex
Thanks you guys for sharing so passionate about the type of pc you would used. I was merely try to take a short-cut in my "listen for yourself and trust your ears" route by narrowing a couple from the recommendations here. Cheers, enjoy the music and stay kool.
Thanks you guys for sharing so passionately about the type of pc you would used. I was merely trying to take a short-cut in my "listen for yourself and trust your ears" route by narrowing a couple from the recommendations here. Cheers, enjoy the music and stay kool.
Samuel's advice is solid. I couldn't agree more. So far as the dealers noted, I personally have dealt with Galen Carol and found him quite informative, fair and willing to give a 5 day in home trial before you decide. I really like the way he conducts his business. I haven't listened to everything out there but I do sometimes raise an eyebrow when I see certain of the same individuals tout a product in one thread after the next. It may be enthusiam or it may be something more. Listen with your own ears. Also no need to spend more than is required. Why does more expensive always have to equate to "better", I don't believe it is always so.
Samuel, I agree with you. I have been a KC owner and thought it was going to be a long time before another PC came along that could better it. Maybe my enthusiam has got the best of me. The FIM pc is about $1000 less than KC and IMO is a much better PC. The only motive I have is to spread the word on what I think is the finest PC made. I have made comparisons and all I am doing is telling others of what I heard. I thought that was what this forum was about. Of course you should do comparisons for yourself, I think that goes without saying. Tubegroover, I am an audiophile who is just trying to help. I have nothing to do with FIM. I will not apologize for my enthusiam of FIM. I do apologize if I came on too strong. I got this way when I heard my first SET amp. I understand some of the raised eyebrows. I will in future posts, remember your constuctive criticisms and take them for what they are worth. I do not have the communication skills that many of you have but I am learning.
To all of the above- I think that there are certain assumptions (dangerous, I know) that can be made about individuals that are truly interested in "expensive" high-end products. Namely, they have already learned that buying without listening can be very expensive and unfulfilling. Also, don't believe everything you read, whether it's in a glossy mag or in a forum. If the conversation dealt with components at the cost-effective end of the spectrum, then one could assume that more cautious recommendations be given because the individual asking the question(s) may very well be a less experienced audiophile. I have been at fault at not prefacing every forum response with warnings about buying without listening. To do so would be tedious and, eventually, unproductive as the warnings would be glossed over if they appeared in every response. This is just human nature- get to the good stuff quickly. A bit of a cynical attitude is quite healthy in this hobby/addiction of ours. However, to suggest that an enthusiastic recommendation only comes from an overt act based somehow on personal gain is beyond cynical. If you feel it necessary to offer some cautious words of advice, all who read them will benefit. To respond, as was done here, suggesting that an individual may have some ulterior motive, was more than "heavy handed". Each response by a member must be presumed to have come from personal experience. If you are in doubt, simply asking the individual's point of reference should be sufficient to help clarify the position. To immediately assume that the individual is out to "con" or mislead others for personal gain only because they've recommended a product xyz (rather than your favorite abc component possibly?) serves very little purpose. Again, I resoundingly agree with the recommendation to listen to any product before you buy. I agree that a bit of skepticism is wise and even healthy in this hobby. Let your own ears be the final judge! At the same time, lets maintain a civil, if not friendly, discourse even when we may disagree. Just my .02