Is this why my analog rig isn't so hot?

Hi All,

My system is quite decent, but...

Could it be the voltage output of my Benz Glider is too high?

My photo stage - a 47 Lab PhonoCube - could handle low outputs down to 0.12 mV. Since my Glider has a medium output (0.83 mV) - is this why I'm not that happy with my system? I seem to want to hear more, specially the top.

If I got the same Glider but with a lower output, would it make a difference? Or should I get a better cartridge? And which one?

My system:

Basis 2000 table
RS-A1 Lab arm
Benz Glider (0.83 mV)
47 Lab PhonoCube phono stage
47 Lab Chooser passive preamp
47 Lab Gaincard amp
Konus Audio Essence speakers

Thanks!
George
ngeorge
Newbee,
I was wrong, but it's your lucky day. I've got a Phase Linear 4000 in the basement. Wanna swap? ;-)
You just don't know how much I appreciate the help you're all providing me. I'm truly humbled.

I used to think setting up was just screwing in the cartridge onto the arm, get a free-float, set the tracking force and I'm done. Little did I know I have to take the internal impedance into consideration (Gliders are more than 10 ohms), match gain against voltage output - Wow! I've learned quite a bit these past two days!

Raul, getting the Miyabi would certainly solve the problem, wouldn't it? Only thing is, the cost would amount to the price of my whole analog section! If only...

Regards to all!

George
Doug, Thanks for the offer, but I'm already a serious retrograde with the junk that I have. I'm using a 20 year old pre-amp, how dated can one be! :-)
George,
A year or so ago I was just where you are, and I still learn something new and fascinating here every day. I've made some good friends and also have some great music to show for it.

Of course my bank account is a wreck. If anyone had told me a year ago that we'd be spending what we've spent on an analog rig I'd have said they were insane. They weren't of course, but I may be!

Let us know when you get that Miyabi. <:~)