How come a power cable changes the sound?

A good power cable definetely changes the sound but how ? A cheap 2,5 mm copper cable comes upto wall outlet and comes through a fuse (which has very thin wire) than we add a huge heavy power cord which cost 500$ than the sound of the equipment has big improvement What is the technicial logic and magic out of that ? Thanks..
oatalay
Many of us aren't satisfied with standard romex in the walls, nor are we with standard or lower grade cabling. Some of you remind me of the fable about the fox and the sour grapes. That said, I agree with avguygeorge wholeheartedly.
Does DTF stand for Deft? Maybe you are right about "vivid imaginations"...Maybe I am the leader of the audiophile cult..... we shall take over your mind with needless ways to spend your money...you are in our control...It is all part of a great conspiracy...Every cable manufacturer is part of this conspiracy....All audiophiles are bumbling automotons that hear whatever we tell them to hear....If you stay an "audiophile" your days will be numbered...If you do not come to your senses (like the majority of the smart people and buy a Bose wave radio) then we will brainwash you too.
Power cable? Another wire mythology? Dtf, I think you're on to something. Question: Who said power cables change the sound? I remember reading of an audio writer at one of the audio shows. He asked a well known cable carnival man how his multi-hundred-dollar-a-meter speaker cable would be superior to a copper bar soldered directly to the amp and speaker. The carnival cable man could not say.
Remember your above words regarding insults.// Smart questions more often tend to have that very same effect.// If you hear it, does it matter to you if it's really there?