Mini Mac, Sonos and NAS HELP

I was reading some of post here about using a Mini mac amd boy do I need some assistance! I currently have most of my CD's ripped into itunes in AIFF about 400mb (i have about another 300 Cd's to go and probably another 100 albums to digitize as well........I'm listening to then using a Sonos connect and ipad/ipone remotes with the Sonos app.
So far so good, but I can only play CD quality... I want to be able to play 24/96; I just bought a Wired 4 Sound Dac-1 it sounds great but I'm pulling the tracks from a PC w/vista using itunes....I'm out of hard drive space so considering adding a Mini Mac to store all my music and high rez files. This allows me to plug th Mini Mac directly into the Wired 4 sound dac with USB.
My other thought is to add a NAS so Sonos can pull the songs directly without my conmputer being on...I should of mentioned that i will have 2 set-ups the sonos for ambient whole house use and simplicity and the mac for my dedicated listening room...
Here's my current set-up:
Prima Luna Dialouge 2 intergrated
Wyred 4 Sound Dac-1
Golden Ear Triton Threes
Oppo 93
Sonos Connect/90
Any insight or advise would be appreciated!
Thanks
Robert
theb2826
Thanks Chuck......great information, I'll give some of this a try. What about the using a NAS? Do you recommend this?
Theb,

My setup is as follows:

NAS (2TB) connected to ethernet switch/router - SONOS Bridge also connected to same switch/router (in 2nd floor office). Sonos Connect then connects via digital coax/copper to a PS Audio DLIII DAC (in living room). The DLIII is then connected to my Ayre Integrated via balanced XLR cables. My AYRE CDP is cabled via XLR to my Integrated as well. The sound may be the slightest more detailed on the CDP over the DLIII -- but very hard to do an A/B comparison. While I use Apple Lossless as my file format. The DLIII is about 4DB stronger signal to the AMP then the Ayre CDP, so I always have to play the volume game before comparing A/B. My listening room is also my main living room, and I did not want a full computer setup (USB direct from computer to DAC)located here. My computer, router, Sonos Bridge are all upstairs in an office. I know many that take issue with the Sonos sound, but as I said through the PS Audio DLIII - near perfect. Also I am sorry, but the Sonos is the best interface for navigating music period, especially to get the rest of the family to enjoy the audio as well (Panrora, Sirius, Digital Radio Stations, Wolfgang's Vault, Rhapsody, ...)They can each access by iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, and they listen more to the other audio sources listed above -- even if I primarily listen to my music library.

I need to say I love it, I also have the CONNECT AMP in a bedroom, Connect 3 in the kitchen.
Sbleam, what in your opinion makes the Sonos system better than Squeezebox? Seems like they are very similar, but the SB can do higher resolution at a lower price point.
I agree that Sonos is mot cheap, and the logitech sb is comparable for a single application. Also if I was simply looking at the best tool to present my music library to my main audio room -- I would have looked harder at the Log sb or just a direct USB to dac from my computer. However, the benefit was the easy user interface for all family members to play music anywhere -- other rooms, my digital library or other online music sources. Yes, is not there on the hi res side yet, but I have never had a drop of service, whether my library or online service through Sonos. While being from the IT field I am far from the Apple zealot -- but to make the comparison Sonos really makes it easy, flexible and reliable with a great UI - not cheap but very good.
Sbleam, you've arrived at where I'm heading. Just purchased a Sonos Bridge and Connect -- easy setup, great UI (even on Android phone app), and excellent sound when run thru external DAC. Now I need to get my iTunes library (Apple Lossless files) onto a NAS. Is there any trick to getting Sonos to recognize and access your music on the NAS? Can you please tell me what NAS you're using? I'm looking to get NAS with RAID capability.

Side note: I also use Sonos to access the MOG music service. It is a great resource with remarkably good sound (320 kb/s stream), and, for someone into classical and jazz, a great place to rediscover old favorites and explore new music as well.