Converting LP's to digital files

After making my first TT purchase in over 30 years I now want to convert my albums to a digital format. Is there a good resource for doing this? Something that would describe hardware, software, formats, etc?
botit
The Music Vault 24-192 by Sound Science, has both Analog and Digital inputs for recording. Audacity works very well as free software to save a complete side of your record and then you can cut the songs into individual tracks with audacity as well. There is a program called Diamond Cut that will break the tracks up for you automatically.

After you have recorded your Records on to the Music Vault you can play them back with all the convenience of a Music Server.

The Music Vault will let you record your Records at any sample rate you choose up to 24 bits and 192 KSPS.

In my experience 24 bit 96K recordings sound identical to the record.

I should disclose that I designed the Music Vault Servers.
I use a Korg MR-1000 and it works very well. Here is my current set up:

Linn LP12/Ekos/Vallhalla/AQ FE5 > ARC PH5 > Korg MR-1000

With the Korg, I record at better than Super Audio CD resolution or 1 bit/ 5.6mhz. The Korg software lets you convert that high res master file to your choice of 24/192, 24/96 or 16/44.1

The results, even at 16/44.1 typically sound much better than a commercial CD.
One more thing:

I've tried lots of ways of doing this including using Meridian A/D converters, better phono rigs, etc. and nothing sounds identical to the record. There is always a loss. Still the results can be excellent.
Hi I currently use an Alesis Masterlink stand along Pro HD/CD recorder. It makes the process pretty easy and you can record 24/96 AIF files. You can save files on cd and transfer them to your music server or burn redbook (regular) audio cds.

It is a real work horse. no usb out.

http://www.alesis.com/masterlink

The analog to digital converter is very good and the street price is well under $1k.

-- Hey Davemitchell I am curious if you have any exposure to the Alesis, how do you think it stacks up vs. the Korg in terms of the quality of the ADCs. Obviously it is more versatile and can produce higher res files. I have held off on a the Tascam HD dvd burner recorder because I had heard that the quality of the ADC would not be better than in the Alesis.

thanks, Stephanie
I use a Denon studio cd-r recorder. It has XLR inputs that I use from my phono pre. Simple, yet perfect recordings. After that, I convert to any format I want through PC. At this point you can use software to manipulate the noise. 550.00 for the Denon.