INTERCONNECT-advice from knowers!

I am looking for reccomendations on diffrent interconnects to try in my system. My system consists of Dunlavy 4s, BAT VK150se amps, and Wadia 860. I have been using Harmonic Tech Pro Silway 2 balanced, it seems a little lean in the mids, and soft in the bass, but the images are so sharply defined, with a wide, wide soundstage that I keep coming back to it. I also for coparison have TARA Master Gen 2 which improves on the HTs weaknesses, but it seems to blur images together, and has a darkish treble that I don't prefer. Audioquest Lapis is also onhand for comparison. It seems to land somwhere in between the HT and TARA cables. I consider it the most functional of the 3 mentioned, but I would like to find a cable that keeps the strenghts of the HT and improves on it's weaknesses. I am getting a set of the Coincident interconnect for comparison. I would like to get recommendations from you guys who have worked their way up the ladder. My budget is 2k or less. Thanks, -Ryan
128x128ejlif
I didn't mean that I worshipped at their altar, I just meant that you're out of touch if you ignore the magazines. The good reviewers have listened to more systems than anyone who contributes here, and it doesn't matter what their biases are. You don't have to agree with them, to gather information.
I happen to use TARA Master Gen 2, and I just got 2 pairs of good 'ol (and old-gold plated RCA's) Lapis x3 to try. Right away, it is more relaxed, smoother, more laterally defined than the TARA. There is some sibilance, but hopefully that will pass after a day of playing (see thread on burn in vs getting used to a sound). I had AT Opal before the TARA, and, while I immediately liked the TARA, it may have been "different" in a noticeable way, not "better" across the board. As long as I have both (plus some Opal) lying around, I plan on trying, to mix the interconnects. Instead of A-B ing the whole system, try switching just 1 pair at a time. Perhaps, as TARA's website cable selector might suggest, it could be advantageous to have different interconnects between the source and preamp than the pre and amp(s). Allthough I've never mixed before, the more I think about it, it seems to be possible that it might sound better (or worse) than using one cable exclusively. Good Luck. 'Sup Carl? 'Sup Trel?
I got the Coincidents today and put them on for an initial listen. They have the best I've heard yet depth to soundstage, images are clear cut and focused. The sound is full bodied, with a slight edge that can become a little fatiging. The do have to break in so maybe the edge will dissapear? Piezo, I too am using the Pro 9, which I am going to search for a bester of after I get a handle on my interconnect prefrences. I got real excited when I read all the hype about HT stuff and got outfitted with the full lineup. I would be interested to see what a Stereophile reviewr would say a HT stuff. Thanks for all the replys by the way.