Silver cables - Great price!!

Has anyone out there in audio-land used the silver interconnects being sold by a new company called "Home Grown Audio"? I saw a comment in one of the threads about them, commenting that they are silver interconnects at very low prices. I decided to check out their Web page, and I want to share the news with other 'philes. I have no connection in any way with this company, but I think their products and pricing deserve serious attention from anyone who wants to save money on high-end cabling. The name of the company is "HomeGrownAudio", and their 999.999% pure, all-silver cables sell for $70 per 1-meter pair, or $40 in DIY kit form (you do the assembly and soldering). Their lower-priced interconnect has silver positive leads, and copper negative returns (ala the Kimber Silver Streak), and are priced at $40 ($24 for DIY kit). I ordered 2 kits for the all-silver interconnect, and will report back after I have assembled and used them. In the meantime, check out their Web site: www.homegrownaudio.com.
sdcampbell
I must agree. With the super silver in the system there is just that much more music there. Carlos
I found yet another company making silver cables inexpensively, they claim they have been doing so since 1993. http://www.kljtech.com/ Here is the ad I came across: KLJ Technologies has been handcrafting superior quality silver interconnects since 1993. After years of research and development, the culmination of science and inspired listening have come together to produce our newest interconnect AG-III. Our intelligent design, along with the use of the finest silver and connecting components combine to create a cable with amazing clarity, dynamics and a sense of acoustic space that are incredible. This musically accurate and harmonically correct cable uses a multiple conductor braid with all conductors being identical legs of hand-polished 99.999% pure solid-core silver. Each silver wire is individually insulated with pure Teflon. Our braided cable design eliminates noise without the use of a signal distorting foil shield. We use Sound Connections RCA and XLR connectors as they are of the highest quality. All terminations are made with silver solder by skilled craftsmen. Experience the exquisite transparency and extraordinary value of AG-III. *Manufacturer-Direct Price* 0.5 Meter Pair $79.00 1.0 Meter Pair $99.00 1.5 Meter Pair $149.00 2.0 Meter Pair $199.00 2.5 Meter Pair $249.00 3.0 Meter Pair $299.00 *All prices are for cables terminated with RCA's.* *For XLR termination add $15.00.* KLJ Technologies 5211 48th Terrace North Saint Petersburg, FL 33709 Phone:(727) 521.9836 E-Mail: [email protected] Web Site: http://www.kljtech.com
Just went and checked out the KLJ site. The first thing I thought when I saw the cables was that I was looking at Vampire Wire interconnects. Looks like some of the same connectors that Vampire uses. I own some of their cable and just love them. The Homegrown sure seem tempting, I think I might try a couple of the kits.
Dekay, thanks for the post. I like the cables enough to keep in my system for another couple of weeks. I wont have much time to listen to them this week. So, I thought about hooking them back up to my VCR and giving them another 50 to 100 hours of break-in time. So far they had about 200 hours. Incidently, we are entertaining out of town friends this weekend. They have never heard my system. Their first words were, this is a very nice system. It is nice to get a second, and third, set of ears to listen.
Well, here is my final review. Pretty much everything I posted in my preliminary review remains true. Though the sibilance in female voices has softened it is still there. For a while I had TMC Yellow Label interconnects between the preamp and power amp. Together with the Super Silvers they extracted gobs of detail. But, both are high achievers with respect to bass resolution and detail. When used together the bass became too prominant. Oh well, I guess the search continues for the perfect mate for the Super Silvers. I was discussing room treatments with another enthusiast and we got off on a tangent (its always fun to discuss this hobby with people who are truly interested). On this tangent we talked about interconnects. He suggested that the brightness might not be inherent to the cable. Rather, the cable may be revealing noise in my AC power. The Super Silvers do everything else so well I am willing to keep them and audition some power filtration components. On a side note, I've had more and more people make very positive comments about my system. So, the interconnects must be doing something right :)