Inteligent high end cableing

Good grief.....I thought mating my electronics, speakers and budget was tough, but getting any consistancy with cableing advice seems impossible. I have recently acquired Proceed HPA3 amp (250/Ch), Proceed AVP pre-amp, Proceed PMDT DVD transport and will be linking them to either Watt Puppies 5.1 or to Revel Salons (there's a conversation right there). However, my real issue is what speaker cableing will match this setup. I can rationalize spending $40,000 on my system, but cannot get past $895 per foot for Audioquest top of the line. There's got to be a better 'mousetrap'. Any intelligent advice will be appreciated.
johngalt
The fact that a 299.00 cable sounds better than a 1200.00 Wireworld Eclipse III is not subjective to ones taste.it flat sound outright better.I have a friend who has over 100K in a sytem and he put in the 299.00 Line level interconnect because it sounds better.If you need to brag on how much you spend that one thing i like to brag about how my sytem sounds.Alot of the big money cables are the same cable as the lower priced tear in a more expensive looking suit.Same sound different look.
First of all, I don't like wireworld wires. Second, I think cable are just tweaks and not your major problem in your system. However, if you don't know anything about mix and match your system with different speakers, amps, preamps and wires then it doesn't matter how much you spent on your system because it's going to sound like shit. High end cables just have better insulations ( NBS ) but it doesn't mean that they use better copper. Afterall, copper is copper. However, stranding pattern is another story. Timl2 is correct about expensive "suit" because that's the major difference in cost. Purist Audio use "fluid" as the insulator. Also, if you can't tell the difference between a high end cable versus the low end then you should stick with low end. Either your system is not sensitive enough to detect the difference or your ear is not sensitive enough to pickup the difference. I just think buying new wires are waste of money because you can save from someone else's mistake. Maybe you can find this $299 cable for $100 used.
I don't see in the previous comments that you've been given a clear star to steer by. As always, after using a lot of name brands over 40 years, then making my own from expensive Kimber AGSS and AGSC, I think you'd be making a big mistake not to check out www.interlinkhouse.com for STEALTH cables. I have a flock of them in my current system, and they are NOT just tweaks! If you come to that conclusion, something else is badly wrong with your system. You can try them free except for shipping, given the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Tom_nice is right. Give any free offer a try then you'll find what's good for your system.
I use Jenalabs interconnects and find that they were a major improvement in my system of Krell,Wadia and Aerial Acoustics. They are a small company, with great reviews if you can find them (Positive Feedback in the spring issue). I have heard great things about their speaker cables also. Check out their websight and call Jennifer there. She gave me great info and a lot of time.