Inteligent high end cableing

Good grief.....I thought mating my electronics, speakers and budget was tough, but getting any consistancy with cableing advice seems impossible. I have recently acquired Proceed HPA3 amp (250/Ch), Proceed AVP pre-amp, Proceed PMDT DVD transport and will be linking them to either Watt Puppies 5.1 or to Revel Salons (there's a conversation right there). However, my real issue is what speaker cableing will match this setup. I can rationalize spending $40,000 on my system, but cannot get past $895 per foot for Audioquest top of the line. There's got to be a better 'mousetrap'. Any intelligent advice will be appreciated.
johngalt
i have spent many hours listing to different calbes.I have listened to JPS,Audioquest,Wireworld,Tara labs,MIT garbage,Nordst crap.The best interconnect I have heard is from a small Canadian Speaker Mfg.Coincident Speaker Technology.299.00 for a 1M Lenght.It beat out Wireworld Gold Eclipse III 1200.00 1M.Money is not allways going to get you the best cable.Their speaker cable is also very good.Theur speakers are awesome.If you need to brag about how much you spend this is not for you.If you want to brag about how good you sound is then this is the product to go with.
One more thing.The Coincident Super Eclipse will trounce the Puppys and the Avalon.Not a brag a fact.
I'm with Tmi2. ONLY Stereophile drools all over Wilson,and what ever speaker they come out with.(WAY out of my budget range.)TAS did a review on a new speaker called "Kharma". 70 grand with stands;Not cheap, but 5.1's used go for 80 grand.The review made my juices flow.Good article, as they refer to other "mega-buck" speakers as well.
buy the cable used ( people already break-in for you ) at 1/3 of the original retail price. It is true that small cable companies might make good product but he who claims that the $299 wire is better than $1200 wire is all subjective to his listening preferences. Good to try out name brand because you'll get more feed back from the users. Take your time and find a good bargain.