Do Silver Cables Hurt Bass?

Hi, I don't have any silver cables in my system, but I seem to remember reading silver cables do a great job in the highs and mids but fall short in the bass. In practice is this the case? Do silver speaker cables or interconnects hurt the bass? The only thing I can attribute to this is that siver cables tend to be a thinner gauge wire and thus do a worse job of transmitting bass information. What are other people experience?
dan2112
I also have recently upgraded to silver interconnects and have found the bass to have tightened up a lot. Much better definition though, in parallel lead and bass runs on much of Jethro Tulls work the tandem melody lines are enhanced without the boominess as an example
Kimber KCAG is as Nedlabs_stereo says. Better for tube amps and/or soft dome tweeters. KCTG is same, but 2X the conductors, better bass. If you are at all interested in KCAG, do yourself a favor, and check out HomeGrown Audio. They have the same cable as KCAG, except theirs is solid core(5 - 9's 22 ga. silver, teflon insulated) vs. stranded. I find it superior(but very close). A little smoother, more liquid, less veiled. But, you'll REALLY love the price: $70(RCA terminated)/m!!! If you're willing to put the cable together yourself, price would be about half of that! How do they make money? THIS is what wire should cost.
I went to their Web site Trelja, and I must say it sounds very interesting! Anyone else try these? What about better RCA's, would it be benificial to buy other RCA's such as WBT's?
I think better RCA's are definitely worth pursuing. The RCA's at HomeGrown are gold plated brass(like almost all others). They claim to hear no difference between these, and more expensive ones. However, I would like to try. I have found RCA's(and spades/bananas) from Axon, which are solid COPPER, not brass, and very cheap(maybe $4). Perhaps solid copper will sound much better, but I've yet to try. Kimon Bellas is the US rep, and is a wonderful person to have representing them. They are a French company, and also bring Focal drivers(JMlab), Solen/SCR caps/inductors, etc. to the US. Their products are used in some of the finest, most expensive speakers, and all are very cheap. I think we should try. Would also be interested in silver RCA's also(I bleieve AudioQuest uses them), but that is further down the road. Let's keep this issue alive!