What wire config for tri-wired speakers?

I am looking for personal experiences of those who have used speakers with three binding posts and different wire and amplifier configurations. I have such speakers which are currently mono amped and mono wired with jumpers from the center posts to the outer two sets of posts. Please be specific in your experience so that I can gauge the value and benefits of your trials.

Thanks in advance.

Bill E
lakefrontroad
Bill--for the bass use a heavy copper cable--doesn't have to be super-expensive. Use separate runs of the same model wire for the mids and tweeters. Forget the jumpers.
Jacob,

I'm not sure I really understand your comment. I've been lead to believe that it's necessary to use the same length of wire to all parts of the speaker to insure proper timing and capacitance. I would expect wire of different sizes, gauges and types to produce unexpected distortion.

Am I off?

Also, are you suggesting that I dump the fancy cables in lieu of home made?

Bill
You are right Bill, in theory. In a perfect world having everything the same would be ideal, however, we all know nothing is ideal. I highly doubt that any one would be able to hear a difference of a parallel run of 10ga car audio power cable and dreamdancers on the bass. I don't mean to make it seem that black and white, but the human ear simply can't hear the subtle details in the bass region like it can in the midrange and treble. There are many reasons for this, though there is really no need to get into them :)

Resistance isn't much of an issue, in particular with the cables you use! We can do a little testing if you want, I can bring my 6ft valkyre's down- if they will work- and we can see what the deal is. I think you'll be surprised at what you hear, or don't hear. You have to remember that only part of your speaker is active and that part is fully adjustable to compensate for timing, phase and volume. The bass is getting a speaker level input then has to convert it to digital and amplify the signal then convert it back to analog and get it to the speaker(s), and your not having timing/PRaT issues now! I can't see how changing the cables would effect this even in an imperfect world. It sure would be interesting to try different cables I am sure you will get an improvement, but I don't think its worth taking a risk if you can't borrow/demo the cables first.

You know now that I think about it Phil Collins may just sound a little better with dreamdancers on the bass :)
No-I'm suggesting you use separate runs of Jena to the midrange and treble. And that you use a heavy gauge copper cable that costs, say, $400-500 for the bass. At 200hz or below, you just need to pump that current into the bass.