All cables are Neuteral?

Are there any interconnect cables that aren't neuteral? I don't listen to audiophile cd's. I listen to all real world recordings/ I am looking for cables that will some what mask the horrid sounding recordings i like. do such cables exsist, i get a kick out of cable reviews in magazines, every review goes goo goo ga ga over how neuteral the cables they are reviewing sound. Maybe what i'm Looking for deosen't even exsist, if i'm wrong, please let me know, i am looking for cables between amp and pre amp, and pre amp and cd player, rca cables only, not coax or toslink. please help/ are there any cables known for adding a nice golden texture to the sound of a system? gear mcintosh mc 42 pre amp mcintosh mc 353 power amp Cal audio cl10 5 disc changer
mikeraslo
And the thing is, nobody has ever heard of this creature! It's like the Loch Ness Monster...before anybody ever started photographing the bare butts of turn of the century hell raisers in Scotland, to promote that hoax! Yet, there it is in the book, SO IT MUST BE TRUE (heh heh). I'll be happy to review it, if you guys at Monster Cable read this, as long as it isn't too radioactive... I've got future chidren in my gonads that would like to be born with only one head, and three legs (that would be my sons only, heh heh).
At best, I could only afford about 3% of that $100,000. Monster cable-- and that comes out to about 3 inches. If I could get them hooked up maybe it would sound pretty good. Has anyone had any experience with "short" speaker cables?? Cheers. Craig
I always get a kick out reviewers - "neutral and dynamic" or "neutral and forgiving on the top end or rolled off." Isn't that inconsistent with neutral and who the h*#l wants neutral anyway. I don't go to a concert and turn to my buddy when Keith Richards kicks in the opening riff to Honky Tonk Women or EC rips into Layla and say "boy that sure is neutral!" I like it because it blows my freakin doors off and that is what music is supposed to do. So IMHO too many reviewers go googoo over electronics and forget the music and too many audiophiles line up at the bookstore waiting for the next issue to see what to buy next. So que up your fav CD or record and if it moves you don't worry if it's neutral or not!!!!
Gee. I guess if we weren't trying to get the most out of our systems IN ORDER TO MAXIMIZE OUR ENJOYMENT OF THE MUSIC IN THE FIRST PLACE, we would take your advice. But since we are, who are you to disparriage us? I don't go buy what a magazine recommends, and neither does anybody else on here. We try before we buy.........................We're all at least as hip as you think you are, pops, and we've all seen the Stones at least once. And those of us with common sense wore earplugs most of the time, or else we were all the way at the other end of the arena, where Showco's FOH arrays didn't deafen us...LIKE IT'S DONE TO YOU, perhaps. Sheesh, if I here "it's about the music" one more time, I might get enraged, or something. WE ALL KNOW IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC, or we wouldn't be going to the trouble to make our system perform at such a high level!
...You've got it right Carl. Pops needs to recognize the really important difference between "critical listening" and listening for enjoyment. Personally, I spend over 90% of my listening time in the enjoyment category, and the rest "critical listening". And as for the audiophile vocabulary, it's necessary for effective commication with others about music quality, character, and system improvement. If I'm drunk, a clock radio cranked up can "move me" (with the right music); and a live concert is a totally different experience and has nothing to do with critical listening-- except that it MAY serve as a reference in future listening sessions,IMHO. Cheers. Craig
More to discover