The Canadians that visit the site

It would be helpful to know who else lives in the Great White North, certainly make buying/selling/trading gear a little easier without worrying about our good friends at Canadian customs trying to take more hard earned money from us. I'm in Montreal, email addy is [email protected]
jeffloistarca
1. Tandberg 3001a tuner for U$ 650.00, shipping included.
The Seller wrhigts on the package:" old tuner for a friend"
value $100.00 ( doesn't say what kind...). Insures it for
U$650.00. Got it through Post air mail in 8 days. Duty $15.
2. E88CC Siemens tubes for U$85.00 Seller states: " tubes,
value U$85 ( translates into Can$130.00 ). Duty fees $25.
I don't mean to say: "better buy a tuner than tubes..." but
make sure you instruct the Seller with respect to "value"
issue and other additional information. Specialy when they
live in California while we enjoy the long winter up North ...and have to pay 15% tax too( that's 7%GST and 8%PST ).
What a life! Cheers!
hey, all you canadian guys: i say forgetabout the hifi gear for awhile. you gotta save up enough to keep at least one NHL team in canada. i mean, do ya' really think they should be playing "the coolest game on earth" in florida? texas? north (or south) carolina? california? don't get me wrong, i'm mighty glad us folk in denver got the nordiques. but it would be no small loss to have the maple leaf flag that proudly hangs in all our stadia replaced with a banner reading "blame it on canada." pretty neat to see y'all hangin'. great post jeff. -kelly
Kelly, wanna buy an NBA team, cheap? I don't know under what category to place the ad here. Maybe under speakers, five channel?
Cornfedboy why did Denver lose its first NHL team.My guess is the fans are frontrunners.
Jeff. Another hello from the west. I also lived not too far down the road from you in TMR. Have been here in Calgary since 88. I search his site a lot but have not bought cross border yet. In fact buy new a lot but as my gear gets to a higher level will soon be forced to buy used. Fyi, I placed a wanted ad once and was really suprised at the number of Canadian guys who responded but whom I had never seen in the forms

Cheers steve