Best Zip Code for Perfect Life

Two recent threads have inspired me. One was on persuading the wife for an audio shopping "romantic weekend" and the other on all of your hobbies outside of audio. Given that many of you seem interested in contemplative and creative things, fishing bicycling etc as well as quite a few car nuts, here is the ultimate question: Where can I chuck in the big city rat race and move that would offer: natural beauty, pre war architecture (at least some) and privacy where one could fish, cycle, enjoy nature etc and not worry about neighbors when playing MFSL Dark Side of the Moon at concert levels through subwoofers, drive 30-60 minutes maximum to check out some girls, visit a good audio dealer, book shop, music store and eat some decent Italian food, without spending a zillion bucks on real estate or living in an overpopulated or pre fab "McMansion" atmosphere. Extra Credit: roads ideally would be somewhat rural, bucolic, winding and not ruined by traffic or constant speed traps.(One for the car geeks, of which I am one.)Let's keep this gem to our forum, but WE can all move there and start an audio club and the best dealers will follow. Thanks for the tip and I will hope to see you in the village market and have you over for a drink and a demo!
htmlgeek4794eb
Good sport CW! I'll second Tuscany, Fieosle especially. North County S.D.,CA. is a good bet,too. Wine's worse but the Ducati dealer is more reliable.
Hey, threadman. Why not try Taos, New Mexico? Or for some more bucks Sante Fe? As a NYC boy longing to live elsewhere(At least part of the year) This has been one my favorite getaways. Awesome food, great weather, people who march to very different drummer, and pre-war architecture? You've got prewar, pre-colonial, and pre-cambrian. Just make sure you're on the grid.
Eldragon ~ you'd be hard pressed to find a greater city in America than Portland, Oregon. Hey but don't tell anyone, it's the best kept secret on the West coast. You may say why? Well for starter's Portlandian's have a great respect and pride for their city. There has been a massive effort to make one of the finest downtown's in America. Great public transportation, great schools, BEST Microbrew in America, Coffee is not far behind because of the close proximity to Seattle. Many drive through espresso stands. One of the best school systems in the country. A very fine higher education system, U of O (that's where all the hippies are if you like that kind of groove and only 2 hrs or less from Portland) And Reed college, anyone heard of that? This is actually where the CD we love/hate so much was actually invented, or at least the theory in how it operates. The mountains, the rivers, the forest, the ocean, ecologically minded people, layed back, many many great places to hear live music especially Blues and good ol'rock and roll. I could keep going and going and going. Portland is the best. A strong economy right now, with realestate rising rapidly. Many jobs especially in high tech, architecture, city planning, education, business etc. God I wish I were there now. My only caveat emptor: rain, mist, overcast, and the occasional dolldrums. But one thing is for sure, those things sure seem to keep the assholes away. Yeah, they are all here in the Bay Area and don't seem to have any plans to leave anytime soon. Goodluck to you Eldragon. I don't think you could go too wrong with Portland, just don't forget your Gortex. Who know's I might try to make it back there myself. My plan is to stay here for another 10yrs with my house and then sell and move to Oregon and live like a god damm KING!!! And one more thing. Jerry really didn't pass away, he just moved to Eugene. Many of my freinds have seen him frequently at the WOW Hall, aka Woodman of the World. Cheers!
Shhhhh Axomoxa !

Nobody is supposed to know!

It does rain like a faucet out here. The traffic is reaching epic proportion too of late. Also, I got a really bad cup of coffee downtown yesterday (at Powells!). Portland is BAD BAD BAD! Ha ha.