Best system for ROMANCE

Hi'I am very new to this.My old boyfriend was an audiophile.I want to build my own system now.I want the most romantic sound possible. I listen to mostly classical and love to get it on during music.Any advice? I have about $4000.00 to spend and have to start from scratch.Thanks guys!!
redcindy69c1d9
Cindy, assuming you're buying new try the AH!Tjoebe CD player, Manley Stingray or Jadis Orchestra integrated amplifiers with Vandersteen 2Ce speakers and Cardas cross cables. Buy some of these used on Audiogon and you'll actually stay under $4000.00. These components will sound sound very romantic but alas, what's romance without love. Trust your ears and enjoy the journey. (tell your friends too!)
I like the recommended system by Khrys. The sound would be very sweet and melodic indeed. However, the 2CE's are the least romantic LOOKING speakers I have ever seen :( They are LARGE and rather ugly speakers, that need to be several feet away from the back wall to work properly, because they have that back firing passive radiator. So, if one wanted romantic evenings with music next to the fireplace or in a bedroom, I really don't think the Vandersteens would make very good companions, visually that is. Now, the Stingray or the Jadis, ooh la la. Absolutely gorgeous - looking and sounding. Certainly far too pretty to ever wish to mate with Vandys. How about some Proac speakers, maybe like the 1SC's. Get a pair in a nice wood finish. They're small, good looking, and the sweetest sounding little speakers I have ever heard. No earth shaking bass, but violins and vocals will melt your knees. The $4k budget would take a pretty serious dent with the $2k Proacs, but there are still plenty of tube integrateds and reasonbly priced cd players that could squeeze in. Also, if we assume integrated amp, then one pair of interconnects and speaker cable should be accounted for, maybe $2-400 or so. Of course, this is all assuming that CD is the source of choice. However, if you REALLY want romantic, you must do vinyl - there's no doubt about that. Vinyl, tubes, and a glass of wine. Now THAT's a prescription for romance.
I would suggest Manley Stingray integrated amp, Soliloquy 5.0 and Denon dcd-1650ar. All, less than 4K!
Good suggestions up to now. Here is another one you might like: Start with an integrated amp, the Pathos Classic One($1950). Pathos are very well known for building some of the most romantic sounding amplifiers, and this one doesn't dissapoint.It's a tube/hybrid design that comes with a beautifull wooden remote, you can see it at this site:www.hi-fi-forum.com. For speakers try the Arro from Totem. A beautifull little floorstander, probably one of the best speaker you can get for a thousand dollars (and a good match for the Pathos). Next, the cd player. With this one you're gonna go over budget, but it'll be absolutely worth it... Here's why: You say you like to get it on when you listen to music, well who likes to get up and change the cd when you're in the heat of passion? No one, period. So here is the solution -($1700)Anthem cd1... HDCD, tube output stage and six disc capacity! What more can you ask! With a beautifull system like this, you might not spend enough time looking in your lovers eyes and too much time looking(and listening) at your system!!!