best integrated under 2k

To be more detailed. Solid state, no phono necessary for use with small bookshelf. Thank You
nparbat
You might be able to find a Sim Audio I-5 used for around $1500-$1800 depending on age and use. Or if you would rather buy new, the Sim Audio Celeste I-5080 is also great and you could probably find one for around $1300, and that's new. Another contender is Audio Analogue, which makes the Pucinni integrated (watch out there is a standard model and a SE model), which were exellent for the price if your speakers match well (decent sensitivity). I tried the Pucinnin SE with my 4 ohm, 86 db speakers and it didn't sound strained. Hope this helps. There are so many great integrateds out there now that I'm sure you'll get many recommendations. -Steve I forgot to mention that many people have fallen in love with the Bryston B-60 (I think that's the model #). So you can check that one out too...it's within your range.
Definitely try the Plinius 2100i. I haven't heard it, but the 2100i is supposed to be almost identical to its extraordinary big brother, the 8150, just lower power and no phono. It should be possible to find it for ~$1k new (possibly less) if you shop around.