Best speakers for 2500....thump included

I am looking for a good speaker that can produce down to 30hz or lower, at the 2500 price range..... I also like my music loud and clear, without being bright on the top end. I am running a 300W perreaux power amp, and a perreaux pre. Any suggestions... there are just too many to go looking... The bass is mandatory!
shabbadoo
The $2500 VMPS Ribbon Monitor-2 will eat everything's lunch...Look long and hard at VMPSaudio.com. Easily over 100 lbs., active woven carbon fiber/phase plugged 12", passive 12" for true actual low 20Hz, then the real magic of dual 7" push pull direct coupled unobstructed ribbons, & dual spiral ribbon tweeters, 1" MDF cabinets, these will make anything else mentioned here sound like the toys they actually are. Even true oak venner. Email me direct for prices.
IMO, VMPS speakers sound horrible. Their sound demonstrates definitively that esoteric drivers don't guarantee musical sound. The designer should get his hearing checked as should any dealers like Spkrplus.
i agree with the hales rev 3 best thump in your price range.you will need lot's of power and break in time .something like 200 hours so they start to go.they go low into 4 ohms and less so high current amp is needed i'am not familiar with yours,i use a aragon 8008bb and it gets real hot.the highs are also great very natural and open .best speakers in this catagory.
The Hales Revelation 3 is an example of a speaker which cannot produce a 30hz tone. It is typical of many speakers today which "pretend" through their specifications that they can but when put to the test, clearly cannot. A 30hz tone is more felt than heard. It should set things vibrating in the room, like the windows and the floors, if reproduced with authority. If you put on the second track of Sarah Mc Lachlan's "Surfacing" CD on a Vandersteen and then the Hales Rev 3, you will hear the difference. Only one of these speakers will produce a true 30hz tone and afterwards you will know which one. Also the Hales has a rather peaky, harsh upper midrange region. Not a bad speaker for the money, but one with at least one obvious flaw and one which, despite advertising claims, is not full range. Of course, I could say the same thing about other speakers recommended here for their low frequency capability like B &W (all speakers except possibly the 801 don't have the ability to reproduce deep bass). Some of the biggest lies in audio are told in the advertising of speakers frequency response capabilities.
Paragon Acoustics Radiant ($2950), down to 40Hz, and then use the powered subwoofer of your choice (a VERY powerful one if you have a large room). Then you'd have perhaps 15 Hz extension, and more dynamic capability in the bass than any "full range" speaker (with correct placement, the bottom octave extension of the system in the room, is much more fully realized/effieciently loaded with a good powered sub, than with "full range" speaker which must be necessarily placed well away from the wall behind it...if one is to resolve the ambient detail on the recording occuring from the mids on down...even with tubetraps). If you don't believe me, come hear mine in my 4200 cubic foot concrete room. Hearing is believing...I can get 100 dB peaks with music at 11 feet from each speaker with my Krell amp (and SPL meter), and the bass is unbelievably deep, fast, punchy, and perfectly blended in time (and the sub is "not sonically present"). But if you don't have a dedicated and fully treated listening room, I wouldn't bother anyway...maybe that's just me.