Best sub4k amplification and processing?

I am interested in going multichannel from a very musical and high end 2 channel system. I work in the business and just want some opinions on what is the best in this price catagory from you guys-especially those of you who have compared any of these following pieces that I have narrowed it down to. Any additional comments/recommedations are welcome only if you have done comparisons with these products in similar circumstances, please.

So, here is the list that I have compiled based on numerous factors, but mainly sound quality was used to compile this list:
1. B&K AVR507/AVR507s2 Reciever
2. NAD T762 Reciever for a cheaper solution with alomost the sound quality of the b$k-I am a dealer for both...I have compared these two.
3. The NAD seperates...I have not heard these pieces that retail for $500 more that the B&K, but have to wonder just how they would compare based on the stellar performance of the T762 reciever.
4. The ARCAM reciever-who has compared it to above? I am not an arcam dealer, so this really is not on my list but I have heard good things.
5. Any other opinions welcome with these exceptions-I am a dealer or have been for all of these manufactures and while they all make very good recievers and in some price catagories the best available this is not my cryteria-They are as follows: Any recievers from Denon, Yamaha, Pio Elite, Onkyo or anything Japanese other that Rotel.
Thanks to all for your input-let the games begin...
scottshannon
I'm strictly two-channel for music. I use a surround processor for movies only, although I have used both an Anthem AVM20 and a Proceed AVP2 in the past when I tried to combine HT and two channel in the same system. As I wrote, the Anthem is a real nice piece of gear, a great bang for the buck, but the Proceed is in a different league; More air, detail, more transparent, open, larger, more palpable soundstage, more natural sounding. The fact that you can now get a used Proceed AVP2 for around the same as a used Anthem AVM20 makes the Proceed a screaming deal, IMO. A receiver is never going to sound as good as a Proceed AVP2 with outboard amplification. In the end, I was using the Proceed's two channel pass through to play two-channel music through it, using it as a passive pre-map. It is very similar to the Meitner Switchman when used that way, which is a huge compliment to the Proceed AVP2. But -- hey -- if you have a problem with Proceed and Levinson gear, there isn't much I am going to be able to share with you. I love my Levinson 436's and there's no way I would take a receiver over a Proceed AVP2 unless it was strictly for home theater, strictly for convenience, like if I didn't have room for separates or something. B & K, Anthem, Sunfire, all of those are a step down, then receivers are another step down.
Thanks for your repsonces, and please dont take the madrigal thing too heavily, as I LIKED the proceed cdp, and ,my father used to own the ML drive/dac/#390 pre and #360 amp-at least i think these are the correct #'s...anyway, great gear and great sound that I could happily live with, but I have more recently heard and owned stuff that betters it. This is all in esoteric two channel world where I and my father have resided with our systems for a few years now, and thus the inquires of ultimate AFFORDABLE multichannel and the AVP2 sounds like a steal. Only one question about it, Does it have a external 5.1 in for dvda/sacd?
Please also note that being a dealer for NAD and for B&K I get unbelievable deals on there equiptment and thus the interest-thinking I could get the ARV507 and pre out the mains to a tube amp and get close to where I'm now.
I currently have a stellar two channel rig but hate to see my tubes burning up to "BARNEY" if you know what I mean...two year old and only enough room and budget to do one hi fi///av setup...SACRIFICES....SACRIFICES...Scott
I know exactly what you mean. If you get an AVP2+6, it will have 5.1 analogue inputs for SACD/DVD-A. Changing your mind about SACD and DVD-A?

Receivers are fine for home theater, but I would be surprised if you could be happy with a receiver for music.
No-just making sure that it did have a 5.1 input. What I was thinking of doing for a little less money was using a reviever to drive the center and rear speakers and to do the processing and using its main outs to drive a tube/higher quality ss amp for the mains for auidio. I can get a flagship reciever aka b&k for aprox the same money the avp2 cost and have 7 channels to boot...whether I use them or not..