Best sub4k amplification and processing?

I am interested in going multichannel from a very musical and high end 2 channel system. I work in the business and just want some opinions on what is the best in this price catagory from you guys-especially those of you who have compared any of these following pieces that I have narrowed it down to. Any additional comments/recommedations are welcome only if you have done comparisons with these products in similar circumstances, please.

So, here is the list that I have compiled based on numerous factors, but mainly sound quality was used to compile this list:
1. B&K AVR507/AVR507s2 Reciever
2. NAD T762 Reciever for a cheaper solution with alomost the sound quality of the b$k-I am a dealer for both...I have compared these two.
3. The NAD seperates...I have not heard these pieces that retail for $500 more that the B&K, but have to wonder just how they would compare based on the stellar performance of the T762 reciever.
4. The ARCAM reciever-who has compared it to above? I am not an arcam dealer, so this really is not on my list but I have heard good things.
5. Any other opinions welcome with these exceptions-I am a dealer or have been for all of these manufactures and while they all make very good recievers and in some price catagories the best available this is not my cryteria-They are as follows: Any recievers from Denon, Yamaha, Pio Elite, Onkyo or anything Japanese other that Rotel.
Thanks to all for your input-let the games begin...
scottshannon
Rsbeck: Does the Anthem pre pro have tubes in it? I have tubes everywhere and personally, dont know if I could live without them somewhere...AND I have owned a Proceed CDP a few years ago, and while it was good, I'm not for some unkown reason a big Madrigal guy. I just find there gear-both Proceed and ML and little too "dry" and uninvolving to listen to, though the CDP didn't lean in that "old man sound" direction...Hard to explain when you dont care for the flavor of something that should and does taste great to most...More intestested in your comments on what you own. Sound like a stellar system for what you have invested...And that is the magic I seek...Scott
I'm strictly two-channel for music. I use a surround processor for movies only, although I have used both an Anthem AVM20 and a Proceed AVP2 in the past when I tried to combine HT and two channel in the same system. As I wrote, the Anthem is a real nice piece of gear, a great bang for the buck, but the Proceed is in a different league; More air, detail, more transparent, open, larger, more palpable soundstage, more natural sounding. The fact that you can now get a used Proceed AVP2 for around the same as a used Anthem AVM20 makes the Proceed a screaming deal, IMO. A receiver is never going to sound as good as a Proceed AVP2 with outboard amplification. In the end, I was using the Proceed's two channel pass through to play two-channel music through it, using it as a passive pre-map. It is very similar to the Meitner Switchman when used that way, which is a huge compliment to the Proceed AVP2. But -- hey -- if you have a problem with Proceed and Levinson gear, there isn't much I am going to be able to share with you. I love my Levinson 436's and there's no way I would take a receiver over a Proceed AVP2 unless it was strictly for home theater, strictly for convenience, like if I didn't have room for separates or something. B & K, Anthem, Sunfire, all of those are a step down, then receivers are another step down.
Thanks for your repsonces, and please dont take the madrigal thing too heavily, as I LIKED the proceed cdp, and ,my father used to own the ML drive/dac/#390 pre and #360 amp-at least i think these are the correct #'s...anyway, great gear and great sound that I could happily live with, but I have more recently heard and owned stuff that betters it. This is all in esoteric two channel world where I and my father have resided with our systems for a few years now, and thus the inquires of ultimate AFFORDABLE multichannel and the AVP2 sounds like a steal. Only one question about it, Does it have a external 5.1 in for dvda/sacd?
Please also note that being a dealer for NAD and for B&K I get unbelievable deals on there equiptment and thus the interest-thinking I could get the ARV507 and pre out the mains to a tube amp and get close to where I'm now.
I currently have a stellar two channel rig but hate to see my tubes burning up to "BARNEY" if you know what I mean...two year old and only enough room and budget to do one hi fi///av setup...SACRIFICES....SACRIFICES...Scott
I know exactly what you mean. If you get an AVP2+6, it will have 5.1 analogue inputs for SACD/DVD-A. Changing your mind about SACD and DVD-A?

Receivers are fine for home theater, but I would be surprised if you could be happy with a receiver for music.