Digital Preamp NO video switching

Hi guys and gals,

what are my options for a no video switching digital preamp other than Bryston SP 1.7 ?

I have an AVP to replace because all my video switching is done by my Elite Quadscan HD.

What do you think? The market does not seem to offer much and while I like what I read about the Bryston, I don't like the look of it and its cost.
agw
Better is OK, superior even.

See one of my previous post. I suppose It all boils down to how one defines "much better" or "significantly better."

I defend ALL products when they are being unfairly smeared. Bryston happens to be a regular target though.

"And please note that I haven't used words like better, much better and superior!!!!"

Well done, because that first post sounded as if any who had/have a Meridian or a Bryston might as well have a bowl full of turds.

Thanks about the moniker, it has been around for a long time, I still play the Guitar a little and I love my distortion.
Wow, aren't you the reigning expert in how to appropriately discuss equipment!!! Thanks so much for the tips. NOT!!!

You wrote:
"Better is OK, superior even."

From now on....I'll say "better" or "superior"...but not "much better."

You wrote:
"See one of my previous post. I suppose It all boils down to how one defines "much better" or "significantly better." "

I'm glad that you can set the standard for how "one defines" these. Perhaps you should publish your standards!!!

You wrote:
"I defend ALL products when they are being unfairly smeared. Bryston happens to be a regular target though."

Well, aren't you special!!? You are the supreme defender of unfair smear campaigns!! That is, unless you're doing the comparisons and critical of other equipment, like Classe and Rotel as noted in quotes earlier. But god forbid someone likes something better than Bryston...and you view it as "unfair" and "smear". It's good that you get to decide what is being "unfairly" smeared. Also, I'm very surprised that you viewed a simple statement that I thought the EAD sounded "much better" than the Bryston as a "smear" campaign......but somehow manage to view your criticisms of Rotel and Classe as valid and fair. You just cannot see or acknowledge how hypocritical you are. You also just cannot seem to tolerate that someone doesn't love a piece of equipment that YOU OWN. God forbid.

You wrote:
"Well done, because that first post sounded as if any who had/have a Meridian or a Bryston might as well have a bowl full of turds."

Not at all. Reread the post. I simply said that EAD sounded (to me, of couse) much better. I never said a negative word about Meridian or Bryston. Isn't anyone (except you) allowed to make a simple comparison here?

You wrote:
"Thanks about the moniker, it has been around for a long time, I still play the Guitar a little and I love my distortion."

I'm glad your happy with your moniker!! I just wish you were a touch more insightful.

Harry
I see this discussion has you agitated.

Without being gratuitously immature. I would like to say.....

To be honest, having heard all of these Processors on many occasions, in many environments, including my home. I must say (once again) that the Bryston, EAD, and Meridian perform very, very close (along with others). To claim one is evidently superior to the other sounds like Bull$hi* to me. Sorry, you got called on this. You could have left my first post unanswered.

Maybe it is product defense. But, I would rather be defending something I know, than spouting something I dont.

Neither of our post are being beneficial. Obviously we cant settle our differences through typing. So maybe, it would better serve our fellow A'goners if we just leave it at that.
Ok, sure...let's end this useless thread. I think we'll all feel better. But just let me ask a couple of final questions. How do you reconcile the following comments you have made?:

"08-16-03: Distortion
I compared many pre/pros before settling on the Bryston. It easily beat Krell(showcase), Rotel(1066), Integra(RD7 I think), B & K (Ref30 and 50), Sunfire(TG3), and Acurus. The Classe SSP-30 was very close. "

"04-19-04: Distortion
To be honest, having heard all of these Processors on many occasions, in many environments, including my home. I must say (once again) that the Bryston, EAD, and Meridian perform very, very close (along with others). To claim one is evidently superior to the other sounds like Bull$hi* to me. "

Well, Distortion?? It seems like you consider your own post of
4/19/04 to be total Bull$hi* if we follow the reasoning of your
8/16/03 post. Or are you the only one who is allowed to come to some conclusions when comparing equipment around here? Or are conclusions only valid when they support that your components are superior (as opposed to inferior) to others??

In all my days on Audiogon, AVS forum, and Audioasylum, I've never seen ANYBODY with your degree of persistant arrogance or inconsistency.

Have you really had an EAD processor in your home?? Which one??

Harry
Have you put in to many hours at the hospital? Or is spring fever gone bad in Maryland?

This is childish and useless but....

If it isnt already obvious, some Processors do outperform others. Usually you have to triple the cost to get a solid performing 2 channel Processor.

Do you see Meridian or EAD in my comparison.

So my inconsistency and arrogance stem from a fictional conclusion that if I think 3 processors perform close then all Processors must perform close. Right. Highly flawed logic.

And of course yours' is so superior that even someone with cotton in their ears could tell the difference.

All I wanted to do was let AGW, yunno the guy who asked about video switching, know that not all A'goners feel EAD blows Bryston (which he did mention) and Meridian away.

You kept revisiting and using my name on each post. Maybe it is persistent arrogance. You requested and received it.

EAD TM 8000, but I have heard just about all the EADs at this point. And.....they are all excellent.