Apogee Big Ben for Jitter reduction

I'd be interested to hear from some of the other people out there who have tried Apogee's Big Ben for jitter reduction. I continue to assess the pros and cons of using one of these. I find improved dynamics, imaging, and bass definition.
hbrandt
One would think perhaps the Lens and the Big Ben are redundant. But I have tried them independently and both together. I find the sound improved with both. Plus the Lens has a remote and accomodates my multiple digital inputs including the ST/ST glass input of a Wadia 270se. Yes...the BB and the Lens both function entirely in the digital domain. I use a dCS Delius dac.

I don't think you will be able to feed the digital signal from your computer straight into the Lens or a BB. That's why you will need something like a Squeezebox. You'll need something that will accept a WAV or AIFF or MP3 stream and convert it to PCM for output to your system.

Good luck,
Harry
Apogee makes a DAC that takes a feed from the USB port on the G4. Is it possible to use the Big Ben after the DAC or does it have to come before?
Rsbeck:
The Big Ben functions in the digital domain. It must come before the DAC. But I think Apogee has come out with a new Dac (Rosetta 200) that incorporates much of the benefit of a Big Ben.

You could skip the Big Ben...and go with:

G4 -> Rosetta 200 -> preamp

I'd discuss it with the folks at apogee before you make a decision.

Harry