Best big flat screen under 4k

I am installing a flatscreen TV for my living room downstairs. I have a budget of $3500-$4000 and i am looking at somthing in the range of 42" plus or minus. Any Ideas.

Thanks
Eric Baer
iamcrazy111
How reliable are these new DLP projector units? If you are to spend close to 4K, I would look into them. The Samsung DLPs look exciting, but I would get some sort of warranty. Still a new technology with some glitches.
Gunbei, do you know anything about the longevity of these units?
Gateway has some inexpensive flat plasma displays. Supposed to have HD versions out soon if not already. Never seen one myself, but I'm told they are OK.
Try the plasma forum at http://www.avsforum.com. Those guys are to video what a'goners are to audio. A couple of the names I keep hearing for plasmas in that range are Panasonic (might exceed budget) or Pioneer. The Pio 433CMX or 403CMX (or something like that) might just be the ticket for you.
Yes the panasonic 42" HDTV plasmas are selling at $4500 on the web. Yet next to Pioneer's Elite sets, to my eyes this is the best looking line. Honestly I feel Panasonic looks far better than the non-elite pioneer models. I have been shopping as my TV died on Dec 21 st, yet my wallet isn't ready to make a commitment. And I still want to see Princeton Graphics enhanced 46" set.

Good Luck!
If you are looking for Plasma TV Buying Guide, go to PlasmaTVBuyingGuide.com. I have a Panasonic 42" plasma. Since all have similar features, I chose Panasonic over other brands primarily for 5 reasons.
1. Brightness ratio -- 4000:1. Mine was last year model w/ ration of 3000:1, which at the time was the leader in its class.
2. Real Black Drive System. Still the leader in its class.
3. Based on the breakdown testing comparisons of Panasonic and others on PlasmaTVBuyingGuide.com
4. Makes its own glass.
5. Many generations in making plasma. I believe it is currently the 6th generation.

To summarize the answer for your question, 37" Panasonic plasma should meet your $4K budget requirement and your screen size requirement of 42"+/- few inches, if you are in a hurry of getting read for upcoming super bowl.