Best big flat screen under 4k

I am installing a flatscreen TV for my living room downstairs. I have a budget of $3500-$4000 and i am looking at somthing in the range of 42" plus or minus. Any Ideas.

Thanks
Eric Baer
iamcrazy111

Showing 2 responses by bemopti123

How reliable are these new DLP projector units? If you are to spend close to 4K, I would look into them. The Samsung DLPs look exciting, but I would get some sort of warranty. Still a new technology with some glitches.
Gunbei, do you know anything about the longevity of these units?
I am definetly with Edesilva in the opinion of the regular CRT Tvs being way too cumbersome to move around, lest they are small in size (19".) The Samsung DLP have also caught my eyes, but I have read elsewhere about the issues that many of the competing new formats have....Plasma, LCD, DLP, back and front projections....Black level problems, burn in, bulb replacement costs etc....all in no particular order. If I consider spending around 3-4K on a next generation TV set, then, shouldn't I be expecting a long trouble free enjoyment? I had regular CRT tvs that lasted and still are lasting a good 10+ years. I wonder if these new sets will last that long, reliability wise.